National Yarn

SO my grandma travels the states. She lives in a trailer and travels all over the U.S. so I was talking to her and I mentioned how it would be cool if she got me yarn from different states and she said, “Yah sure I can try.” and now I am super stoked!
For people who live in other states other than Cali. do you guys have local yarn shops?

16 Likes

wow thats so cool! she’s really the definition of a “cool grandma” lol! i live in mississippi and i buy yarn at hobby lobby and walmart.

10 Likes

We have one about 45 minutes away. I’m in southeast Wyoming.

4 Likes

Love it​:heavy_heart_exclamation: Not all towns have yarn shops in Washington but all cities have a yarn shop or 2. What I love the most is hand-spun yarns from different places.

6 Likes

wow that’s so cool! u’ll not only have yarn but national yarn! i don’t really have any local yarn shops unless dollar tree and michaels count :joy:

6 Likes

omg yes, i agree! i remember when i went to denmark there was a yarn shop and the yarn there was so pretty!!

4 Likes

When I used to travel for work I would google “ yarn shop” within 100 miles from where I was. Saw some neat shops, at least one “icky” shop, and what was interesting was the people that worked there. I remember one was condescending, that was St Louis, I think because I was not a knitter. Golly lady, I’m buying some yarn from you, what’s your problem?
A beautiful shop in Arizona, gorgeous garments on display, very clean and well decorated. Again, it’s target audience was knitters, I bought little as it was SO expensive! $30-50 a hank??? What, you think I’m crocheting something for the First Lady??!!

7 Likes

oh ya lol, sometimes small shops are rather expensive. the one i went to in denmark had such pretty yarn but its target was also knitters

4 Likes

How cool! I agree it’s different by town but if she travelling I am sure she will find plenty! How exciting!

4 Likes

I have not seen a shop that was dedicated to Crocheting. Most of the ones I went to in Portland area were geared to knitters.

5 Likes

I just looked, and there’s actually three or four local yarn and fiber shops within 30-40 minutes of where I live in Florida. I’d be afraid to go in for the prices though :sweat_smile: even cheapo yarn can be pricey I can’t imagine what this hand made stuff costs.

6 Likes

That’s so sweet! She must be a great Grandma :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have WEBS in a nearby town (their only shop, they ship many places) if you don’t know what that is, it’s “America’s Yarn Store”! :wink: There’s also another little yarn shop in the same vicinity, as well as when we go on vacation to Cape Cod there are some. I always buy something! :smiling_face:

4 Likes