need help with yarn !

does anyone know if there is any good quality but cheapish glow in the dark yarn ?
i have an idea for something to make make for halloween and i figured glow in the dark yarn would make it looks better . but i’ve never seen that kind of yarn in stores near me . Help please :slight_smile:

8 Likes

i think i saw some decently cheap glow in the dark yarn on amazon once!

6 Likes

Like @Frogfrog mentioned there could be some on Amazon/or online stores, of course always look at the reviews and how much skeins and yards/grams, weight, etc it is since your project might need more so finding a bulk one might be the better option for cheaper.

However if buying online isn’t an option for you than perhaps you can make one yourself! I actually was looking for glow in the dark yarn too and found this video: Dyeing Acrylic Yarn with Glow in the Dark Fabric Paint - YouTube

It might be cheaper to get a large white yarn and glow in the dark fabric paint! Of course you can use any video/ source that’s just the one I had saw that gave me the idea :smile:

Good luck on your project though :relaxed:

7 Likes

With a BIG thank you for sharing this link. Gosh, Lion Brand wants $7for their glow in the dark yarn!!! Only get a wee bit at 71 yards.
SMH.,.

8 Likes

I know I try to find good glow-in-the-dark yarn and it always seemed too much for such little yards so I held off lol now I can get so much more yards with this!

6 Likes

this should be the same product but for u.s.

5 Likes

That looks promising. However, I’d be more comfortable if it was sold by Amazon

4 Likes

That brand of cheaper on AliExpress :heart:

It’s likely where it’ll be coming from anyway a lot of Amazon shops are drop shippers.

5 Likes

Well, that’s good to know. I was reluctant to try Aliexpress. What’s your experience?
@DovetailCrochet

5 Likes

I haven’t bought yarn there before but was looking to try it soon. It’s why I knew it was there.

I’ve bought other things there for businesses and they’re actually really reliable and fix issues quickly if you have any. AliExpress themselves not the random companies on it. They tend not to speak English.

6 Likes

Its was £15 in uk when i was looking at it a couple months ago. $7 i could stretch to but £15 with mixed reviews was too rich for me.

4 Likes

You can make it yourself with glow paint!

4 Likes