Need recommendations for baby crochet projects!

Hi ribblr friends!

I just found out my best friend from childhood is having a baby​:smiling_face_with_tear:

I would love to know everyone’s favorite crochet patterns for new mom and/or baby!
Paid or free, I prefer working with #4weight yarn but am open to other weights!

Thank you in advance​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

19 Likes

Wow congrats to your friend! I don’t have any patterns for babies, sorry. Good luck finding some!!

8 Likes

Thank you! I cannot wait to make things for tiny humans! lol

8 Likes

Congrats to her!!! And maybe a teething ring made out of cotton? Or, if you’re wanting something bigger, a baby blanket (I don’t suggest the big acrylic chunky yarn, due to the fluff shedding off of it and it almost choked me to death a few years ago because I’m an idiot and inhaled it-)

9 Likes

maybe a baby beanie or a blanket??

9 Likes

i have not used any of these tutorials b4 btw but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4eHMeEVeaY baby hat, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSZ-G5-TDjY baby socks, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnx5PzxBsXU baby blanket : D

7 Likes

Thanks for all the ideas guys keep em coming! lol :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

ooo um… maybe a BIG dino to sleep with??

7 Likes

I want to make one of those flat style loveys. A Dino one would be so cute too​:thinking::thinking::thinking:

7 Likes
7 Likes

Octopus or jellyfish! Babies love to grab the tendrils/the tentacles since it reminds them of an umbilical cord, plus anyone likes cute amigurumi lol maybe a big mama and small baby octopus/Jellyfish :smile: of course no safety eyes and try to find no sew patterns so there’s less of a chance of it being ripped apart, definitely look into what type of fiber is good/safe for babies since their skin is a lot more sensitive, plus make sure the expecting parent is okay with handmade gifts for their baby/children

Good luck! I’m curious to see what you’ll decide to make :smile:

6 Likes

Maybe a lovey or a hat?

5 Likes

Star blanket i found it really fun to do there are some tutorials on youtube

3 Likes

Thank you all very much for all the great ideas!!:yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

How about a teddy bear.

1 Like

Call the midwife blanket

1 Like

I always make this for new babies, but with crocheted eyes sewn on for safety reasons. I like that it’s a puzzle as well as a toy :octopus:

I also usually accompany it with booties and a blanket (the patterns vary depending on what I feel like making).

This website has a lot of free baby patterns for ideas:

1 Like

Thank you thank you!! I made some baby booties so far. I appreciate that I will check out that site​:yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Tell her congrats for me!! And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE crochet this for them :sob: It’s even free Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Baby Onesie Free Pattern - Your Crochet

1 Like

Ommmgggg that’s so cute lol! Little starfish :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear: I do have some yellow bulky yarn to use up​:thinking::thinking: I may have to give this a try. Thank you!!!

1 Like