Need tips

Hi there,

I am pretty new to crochet and i would like to know if you guys have tips against fuzzing of cotton yarn?
Any other tip is more than welcome i have a lot to learn :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

just feel with your fingers the stitches and make sure to take your time as ur new
srry if this isnt what u meant

4 Likes

Thank you for your tip :blush: i meant that when I use cotton yarn it gets a little fuzz over the stitches and i am not sure if it is due to the quality of the yarn or soemthing i am doing wrong. Basically my warn thing ends up looking like this little baby
cute chick GIF

4 Likes

ohhhh ok!
sometimes it is the quality of the yarn but sometimes it can be other problems too. just experiment and try to find the best way to avoid that ^^

4 Likes

Thank you for you help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

np!

4 Likes

Hi, I would definitely recommend getting a good quality fuzzy yarn because when making plushies especially and creating magic rings etc. the fuzzy yarn tends to rip! Also join my ongoing pattern giveaway to have a chance of winning a free pattern from my shop! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I can’t say for sure since I don’t know the quality/brand of the yarn but have you tried using anti-pilling yarn? I’m not too familiar with cotton yarn so I can’t say for sure lol

3 Likes

Will look into. I was using a german brand of yarn that I buy at the yarn shop. The thing is that i dont have this issue with all their cottin yarn, like their thin one doesnt fuzz. In anyway i did not know they were anti fuzz ones thamk you for the great tip :smiling_face:

3 Likes

No problem! It could also be that the yarn was a bad batch/lot as well

2 Likes

What kind of yarn are you using? Is there some percentage of acrylic, in which case that could be causing the fuzzing. I mostly use 100% cotton yarn and I never have any fuzzing problems, but I have had that issue with acrylic before.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a 100% cotton fuzzing on me, only regularly split the yarn and have like a weird single strand sticking out.

What brand and type is it? Might indeed be a mix like @ArtsAndNaps mentioned, or do you maybe have a picture of the fuzzing?

1 Like