Neverending Sock-along! MAL thread.

Here’s the first single sock! Ignore my weird ankle, it’s permanently mishapen due to injury and medical neglect. The fit is almost perfect!

12 Likes

That’s perfect! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Wow that’s amazing! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’ve taken a break from my Hermione’s sock to work on my advent socks, this is my first time doing colourwork and my first time doing toe up.

10 Likes

Looks awesome! :grinning: How do you like using the short needles? I’m using magic loop for my socks and was wondering what the short needles are like.

5 Likes

I like them, I’ve used DPNs, magic loop and mini circulars (and in that order too!) I actually prefer them the most so far. I knit tighter on the other two, magic loop is the worst for me. I read that people who knit English style find them more difficult, I knit continental so my hands never leave the needles so I keep a comfortable grip on the needles.

5 Likes

The year’s coming to an end! How has everyone’s socks gone? I’ve ended up abandoning the advent yarn socks I was making in the previous posts and am going to use the yarn to start a scrap blanket. As for my other pair of socks, the pigeon socks, I’ve got one completed and the other I’ve started the cuff. I go home today from my carers’ place so I’ll be picking those back up hopefully and getting a little bit of progress before the year wraps up.

I plan on making a new thread in the new year to do this again but having it last the entire year rather than it being an impromptu thing towards the end of the year, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

6 Likes

I love her videos. I am following her video on using 9in circulars for vanilla socks. Sooo helpful

4 Likes

I also like the 9” circs, but I also knit continental (combined continental actually). i use them also for the sleeves on baby sweaters. I do like the flexi flips tho for the toes and crowns on hats because if you needed to you could get down to two stitches, tho I’ve never been less than 7 stitches in the round. :wink:

4 Likes

Here’s the reason I can’t get much knitting done. I knit one whole stitch before C.T. decided that petting him was what I was supposed to be doing. Good thing he’s so cute! :wink:

8 Likes

BIG NEWS!

Hey y’all, so I decided instead of making a new thread and trying to move us all over, it’ll be easier to just tweak this one from being a single year to being infinate! Basically just a place to post about your socks with no deadlines, I adjusted the instagram tag to #doublejsock if you’d like to share it with us on instagram. I hope to see many more socks in 2022!

9 Likes

He’s adorable!! Those colors are amazing btw…

4 Likes

OkY but for a beginner knitter you’re doing a STELLAR job :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Ah thank you Finally! I’m nearing the one year of knitting mark, I’m proud of my progress.

Finally made progress on sock number two!! Sorry for the poor lighting, I took this at like 11pm last night when I finished the cuff and first round.

8 Likes

Wow!! Great job so far :blush: Also, I love your stitch marker! Where did you get it? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I found it on Etsy, I’m an annoying environmentalist and didn’t like that all the stitch markers I had were plastic and wanted to find some metal ones (and support a small business), so I searched up ‘metal stitch markers’ and got myself a set of bird themed ones (the one in the photo is a birdhouse) as well as a set of honeycomb ones that came with one bee stitch marker. Here’s the shop I bought from, there’s many more on Etsy too.

5 Likes

Oh wow!! Those are beautiful :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I finished the socks! I finished it on the 31st January, I’m only just getting around to posting it here today. I have half of the ball of yarn left in both the pigeon colour and the grey, so I get to use it again in another project!

9 Likes

They’re perfect! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi everyone!
I completely forgot to share my finished socks, but I hope it’s okay if I do it now.
I made three pairs of socks and a sweater this year to gift on Christmas. The rightmost are the socks I shared here earlier, and the other two pairs are nothing really special - just toe-up socks without any special patterns in them, which was good, because one of those pairs I only finished on Christmas Eve :sweat_smile:

Right now I’m working on another pair of basic socks for my brother’s birthday. He prefers his socks that way, especially because he wears them at work (he’s a park ranger). In fact, the green socks in the photo are his, too. These ones will be much the same, but in an olive green.

10 Likes