new crocheter

Hello everyone !! here is a super cute chococat plushie I finished today, learned a lot about patience while completing this pattern, this was my third and final attempt and it came out much better than expected. Definitely will practice not rushing because of the eagerness and excitement of finally finishing and will also not just “wing it” when i’m sewing on limbs because it doesn’t work at all!! anyways feel free to follow my crochet account on instagram for support and more crochet friends!!

IG: crochetwalyssa

15 Likes

I love it!!
Sincerely,
The Cat Lady

4 Likes

awh so cute! did you struggle woth the black yarn?

4 Likes

Yes, the first attempt I used bernat and it came out funky, then I realized the wrong side was on the outside so it looked bumpy, second time o was rushing it bc I was excited to finish and did a bad job sewing on the limbs, then finally I just slowly worked but definitely still had trouble seeing each stitch and mostly had to feel my way around.

3 Likes

I really struggle with using black yarn because of how difficult the stitches are to see, usually if i want to do a project with black yarn i just dont do it lol

3 Likes

Welcome to Ribblr and the wonderful world of crochet… Very cute kitty!

3 Likes

Adorable!! I was super obsessed with cats when I was little :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What brand of yarn did you use?

2 Likes

yes as a beginner I did not know the struggle of using black yarn until now, definitely takes patience and more so feeling the stitches when you need to count instead of trying to look at the stitches if that makes sense!

3 Likes

thank you so much! I so happy to join the crochet community <33333

3 Likes

yes I am obsessed right now all things cat!!! I even have a cat myself! I used the Walmart brand of velvet yarn (mainstays) is the name!

2 Likes

A fellow cat lover!

1 Like