New Pattern: VW T1 'Splitwindow' Van

Hi everyone!

Even though it’s a bit late in the month for me, I present to you, my april pattern!

I have lots of friends and family with classic cars, and while they are not entirely my speed, crocheting them is so much fun!

This pattern was inspired by a classic amoung classics; the VolksWagen type one van, with it’s signature split front window, as they couldn’t make the round glass needed for one, continual window affordably back then. And that was the main selling point of VolksWagen, a car that almost anyone could afford! These transporters were the workhorse of their menagerie, although these days the vintage vans are more often used recreationally.

This is not the first classic car I have made: I made a pattern for a far more obscure car more than a year ago, the Amilcar GCSS Racer. To this day, I am proud of making it, and it is the pattern that really gave me the confidence to continue making more patterns - I had made it for a family friend who will still proudly show it to anyone who visits. After writing down the pattern, I had found the courage to keep doing it.

That brings us to today - it is my cakeday here on Ribblr, and I am close to hitting 250 followers on my shop! I want to thank everyone who has helped me get this far, so once I do hit that milestone, I will be having a sale, 25% off any pattern! Keep an eye on the community, since I will announce it, or follow my shop to get notified!

Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful rest of your day!

13 Likes

That is so cool!!! I added it to my wish list!

1 Like