New payment methods.

I think it would be beneficial to add additional payment methods such as Venmo or Apple Pay. This way even people under the age of 18 can still make money off of their creations.

8 Likes

Though this sounds like something that could work on some platforms, Iโ€™m not sure it would work on a platform like Ribblr, since they take a small percentage fee of the patterns sold (which they need to do to keep the site running) etc, so introducing a method that would โ€œcut out the middlemanโ€ would probably not entice any platform that uses this fee to keep running, since it would ultimately cut them out of the equation. Etsy and Ravelry work the same. Even if the sites would accept those methods, the buyers would need to pay it to the platform instead of the seller directly, and then the platform would pay it out to the seller, which means that only a buyer would be able to use the method.

So if a user under 18 would like to sell patterns and earn money from what they make, they will likely have to put them up on sites that donโ€™t take any sort of percentage fee and accept person-to-person transactions โ€“ probably a site where you can sell items and patterns from person to person, such as Ebay (guessing it works that way, I never used the site myself) or your own site.

5 Likes