Notification for Testers

I was just wondering since the change to the new process for requesting to be a tester, how we are notified if we are selected. I have had patterns show up in my testing area without any sort of email or message about having been selected. Since I am not on Ribblr every day, sometimes I end up missing deadlines since I wasn’t aware that I had been selected to actually test the pattern.

20 Likes

i agree 100%, this has happened to me too, even though it does say it will notify you, it never does.

7 Likes

I agree, I’ll submit a suggestion for this!

3 Likes

In the mean time - If your the pattern maker you can help your testers by opening up a tester chat so they’ll get an alert.

It’s what I’ve done for my tests and honestly relied on other creators to do cause I might miss it if they post it in a thread.

11 Likes

I always get a notification on my phone that I’m now able to message in ______ test.

4 Likes

I think that there should be some sort of message or notification you get when you are accepted for a pattern test and even when you are not accepted.

I also think there should be a way to see what tests you have applied to, so that you don’t accidentally apply for more than you can handle.
@Ribblr

19 Likes

The problem is that not all pattern designers will send a message.

3 Likes

There is supposed to be but for some reason u font always get em

2 Likes

We should probably tag @Ribblr so they see your post!

4 Likes

I’ve made the same suggestion since I’ve had this issue before. As it is now, it falls on designers to let us know, but lots of people might be new or just not know you still have to notify testers :sweat: @Ribblr

6 Likes

Some testers don’t always post the message which makes me very annoyed! There should be a message that says you’ve been selected! The second part of your suggestion doesn’t quite make sense since testers can abort the test! I get what you are trying to say but I feel like that’s what the abort button is there for! Also you should probably tag @Ribblr next time so they see your suggestion! Overall I thing that there should be a message/notification since not people are always on Ribblr and sometimes miss the deadline not knowing they got picked!

3 Likes

I’ve added this to Suggestions :raised_hands: as well so our comments are all in the same place!

5 Likes

For the second part, I mean sometimes I forget what I’ve applied for and I don’t like to just abort a test because I’m a reliable tester. And I think it would be helpful to know what I applied for like a pending patterns!

6 Likes

I get what you mean now! hope @Ribblr sees your suggestion

2 Likes

I have had this happen for at least the past 2 patterns I was selected to test, I hadn’t heard anything after applying to test quite a few, so randomly clicked on the “Testing” tab and there was 2 under there! I use the @Ribblr app on both android and my ipad, and wasn’t notified through either app. I found out about a third I was selected for because the pattern designer at least sent out a group message!

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing. We’ll look into it.

Generally speaking we expect designers to follow our 3 steps of testing. The last one is to message the assigned testers. It’s in the designer’s interest as without that initial message they miss out on important communications.

8 Likes

I really love that idea! Especially now that we just click a picture. You can’t go back and see if you had requested to be a tester or not.

2 Likes

Yes! I agree with this wholeheartedly. I always get anxious wondering how long I’ve been approved even though I try to check daily.

I don’t constantly apply for patterns but I would like to know what I’m “getting myself into” so I can plan accordingly.

2 Likes

Ive never gotten a notification. I just have to check my testing tab all the time

1 Like