Notification setting

Iā€™m adding this to suggestion as I donā€™t think it exists yet (although I thought it did, so if it does, please tell me and move to support)

I donā€™t want to get a community notification pushed to my device while Iā€™m in the community. I do like getting the push notifications, but since they come about 3 mins after the reply is made, itā€™s annoying to read the reply because the notification in the app appeared and then 2 mins later get a push notification on my phone. Is this possible?

6 Likes

You can change the way you get notifications in your profile preferences. Itā€™s in the email tab.
If youā€™d like to change the notifications you get for chat messages check the chat tab.

1 Like

Thatā€™s for email notifications, Iā€™m talking the push notifications on a phone or tablet

1 Like

The email settings would apply to push notifications as well. However, we just want to confirm - are you getting push notifications whilst you are actively using the community?

1 Like

Yes! Iā€™ll be reading the reply and get a notification that I got a reply

2 Likes

And Iā€™d prefer these be separate, I donā€™t want email notifications, but do want the phone notificationsā€¦
I changed the email preferences againā€¦ I had most of them set to never, but just now everything was set as always, but Iā€™m not getting the emails so that doesnā€™t make sense eitherā€¦

2 Likes

I have all my push notifications for browser and social media on my phone turned off, but I agree itā€™d be useful if those were separate for people who want to get notified but not while theyā€™re in the community tab.

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion! I completely understand.
Push notification is being prioritized so we wonā€™t send you both email AND push notification for a reply, only for private messages. If you have set emails to be sent but are not getting any, itā€™s possible you or your email client have accidentally flagged Ribblrā€™s emails as ā€˜spamā€™ - in which case weā€™ll automatically stop sending you emails, regardless of your settings.

That does sound annoying, and shouldnā€™t happen. Sorry about that.
To make sure weā€™ve got the setting on your account set correctly please try to change this setting to ā€˜only when awayā€™ and let us know if that solves your issue - it should do the trick :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 16.31.54

4 Likes

So I had an issue with email coming or not coming before (when trying to get the reply by email badge- still canā€™t get that, gave up now) and was given a ā€œfixā€ but it didnā€™t help any. So Iā€™ve changed my settings a million times, someone on the Ribblr team tried to change a setting for me and nothing had changed as far as my email goes (I still get the SelFee points emails and some other Ribblr emails so my email isnā€™t denying them), so I gave up thereā€¦ Iā€™ll try to change that setting and hope it works, or just add it to the list of things that I guess Iā€™ll never get how I want :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes