Notifications not working when picked as a tester

Since the testing thing changed i havnt gotten any sort of notification when i get picked
Ive had to start checking my testing tab all the time just in case cause i dont want to let anyone down on tests that ive applied for and then not realised i got picked for
Anyone have this issue and/or solutions ?

8 Likes

The notifications arent sent on a ribblr notification but it is supposed to be sent from the designer. The designer will send you a message like ā€œyou can now test (pattern)ā€ i hope i helped

6 Likes

Oh just the way it says ā€œyou will be notified if u get pickedā€ or whatever made me think it was an actual notification
So there isnt any sort of way of knowing unless the designer messages you?

5 Likes

yes :((

5 Likes

Oh strange
Maybe theyll add it at some point would be pretty helpful :\

6 Likes

yeah thats oddā€¦ almost all designers will send out a tester message. i know i always do. maybe message the designer and ask about it?

6 Likes

Yeah ill send them a message and let them know in case theyre also not aware so other testers dont miss it as well
Its not the first that hasnt sent a message though i dont think ive gotten anyone send one since doing testing when it changed which is why i thought it was some sort of glich which is strange

6 Likes

ohh. well last time i checked the ā€œmessage testersā€ button that we always use hasnā€™t been working at allā€¦ iā€™ve had to manually type every single tester into a new message group. idk what happened.
@ribblr

6 Likes

About 75% of the designers Iā€™ve tested for never send a message unfortunatelyā€‹:sob:

6 Likes

oh wow that sucks :sob:

5 Likes

Designers who host a test have a simple 3 step process- posting a tester call, assigning testers, and finally messaging testers. Thatā€™s all from one single place in their shop with a single click.

We highly encourage designers to keep an open line of communication with their testers. Itā€™s mostly beneficial for them - to communicate deadlines, requests etc.

6 Likes

Ye, i hate when that happens, thats why i check the tab often after applying.
I dont like messaging them first but if i dont theres just no messaging at all lol.
Also, i know its not really relevant, but i find it annoying when i message and ask if there will be a group chat and theyre just like nahā€¦

2 Likes

I check my testing tab usually if they donā€™t message . Thatā€™s how i know but normally designers message all the testers in one group chat.

2 Likes

I was being added to group chats for testing but recently I havenā€™t been, and I think itā€™s because on the pattern creator side, the messaging to group hasnā€™t been working. It leaves me confused for sure on how to give them feedback and let them know Iā€™ve finished testing.

2 Likes