Paintbox Yarn 100% Cotton Aran

I’ve been working with Paintbox 100% Cotton the last few days. It’s a little stiff, but no where near Peaches and Cream yarn. It is definitely more splitty than I’d like. The skeins are small at 93 yards so lends itself to Amigurumi but splits when trying to yarn over and pull through stitch. Which is aggravating because I want clean neat stitches not wispy stitches.
And at 3.25 for 93 yards that about 3.4 cents a yard- which is pretty expensive.

12 Likes

oh, good to know :slight_smile:, thanks!

4 Likes

I find that sugar and cream tends to wash up softer, and not fade quite as quickly as peaches and cream. I have not yet tried “I love this cotton”

8 Likes

I use drops paris and yarnandcolors epic. Both are aran weight cotton but I’ve found their less prone to splitting than other cotton I’ve tried.
I haven’t tried paintbox because only lovecraft sell it in the uk, so I cannot make a direct comparison but I went from never using cotton my most used fibre.
Hope this is of some help

5 Likes

I love this cotton by hobby lobby, in my opinion, is a thin worsted weight (4), and the colors do fade with repeated washing’s.

4 Likes

I’ve been looking at Drops Paris, what do you like/don’t like about it?

4 Likes

The cotton smooth without splitting too much or being too stiff, the colour range is great and has been consistent between lots. Its really cheap in the uk compared to other brands so I lean to it most. Both I recommended act almost identical so i use them together which helps when theres no stock of certain colours.

Because its cotton it can still split a little, normally a tiny single strand will sneak out. Thats the only negative i can think of.

I use it mostly for amigurumi so if you have a different use it may be a bit different but I intend to try for more things going forward

This shows how it looks when worked.

5 Likes

I see you recommend Drops Paris, what’s the other yarn?

4 Likes

Yarnandcolors epic.
yarn-and-colors-epic

4 Likes

Oh! I’ve Seen that yarn brand before! Thanks!

4 Likes

That’s a bummer I’ve heard so many people use Paintbox… I had been curious about it, but that does not sound promising…

4 Likes

It does have an impressive color range. Perhaps Paintbox Yarn that’s not 100% cotton would work better. This yarn is only carried by one company and when it’s on sale, I jump right on it, but by then 80% of the colors are out of stock.

3 Likes