Pattern goes fuzzy

I am testing a pattern, using my chromebook. I click on the button to go back one page. And, the instructions get all fuzzy. You can see in the picture the words on the right (mostly deleted) are clear. I have to exit the pattern and go back in to fix it.

Anybody else notice this issue?

9 Likes

That is what it looks like when you open a pattern you do not own yet…weird.
If it’s any help, I am on mobile (android) and did not see the same results, but I also do not have any patterns I am testing. You should probably add ribbuild and technical-issue so the right person sees it

3 Likes

That happens to me! I’m testing patterns on my laptop and that happens, I just refresh the page and it works again, what are you using when this happens?

4 Likes

I edited the post to say my chromebook laptop. Never tried refreshing. If it happens again before they fix it, I will try that.

3 Likes

I have a chromebook too! I can check it in a little while, but like I said, I’m not testing anything atm

1 Like

It doesn’t happen all the time. And I don’t remember if it happened while I was editing my own pattern.

1 Like

When I go to another tab on my browser and go back to a pattern it does it sometimes. But if I go out of the pattern and in again it fixes it usually.

2 Likes

I do have another tab open usually. hmmm … :thinking:

1 Like

I am not currently a tester on anything, so i can’t check that, but I can say that I have not had it happen in editing or reading any patterns I own…may or may not be helpful, it could at least maybe narrow it down.

1 Like

this happened once when making my own pattern
i simply just refresh the page and it works just fine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It did it again. 9:28 central time zone. I did not change tabs. I went back to the Materials page and changed a color. Went back to where I was at and it was fuzzy. The refresh did fix it.

2 Likes

well, at least we have a workaround!

1 Like

Yes, the refresh really helps me. Thankful for that.

2 Likes

So the “refresh” is the “solved”??? I was hoping for a stop to it in the first place.

Edited to say I was able to remove the “solved”, because it’s not, really.

2 Likes

Hey! Does this happen when you move between pages or when you go back to a pattern after being in another window or tab?

1 Like

yes, but not always.

1 Like

We’re escalating this now. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, Avi from Tech Team here.
I believe this has something to do with the Chromebook as it tries to impersonate mobile - when used vertically and desktop - when used horizontally.
Small q: when you got the “blurry” page and just clicked on it (anywhere on the page) → did it become “sharp” again?
In any case I hope we created a patch to better accommodate Chromebook and it should be active within the hour. (you’ll need to close all Ribblr’s tabs and reopen)
Let us know,
Avi

1 Like

I could not click on anything to make it work again. At first I exited the pattern and went back in, but the refresh option that was recommended worked. Thanks for your help, again. I will close out and try again. If you don’t hear from me again, you’ll know it worked. :crossed_fingers:

Gonna mark this as a solution, trusting you got it! For now anyway!

When I test for someone, just in case, I take screenshots of the entire pattern then print it out. So I can actually write all over the paper as needed. Also because I’m getting older and my eyes really hate digital screens, even with the blue lenses for blocking blah blah. Then I journal my progress via my phone, marking off lines when done. On the paper copies I use colored pencils to make check marks to show I’m done with that row/round. That way if I make more I just use a different color pencil for every piece I make.

Hugs, Valori​:hibiscus: