Pattern Release: Howdy Cowboy Tapestry

Back at it again so soon with a new pattern that has been in the works for months now :joy: this is by far one of my fave designs, it was inspired by traditional American tattoo styling and my love for all-things cowboy :cowboy_hat_face:

The pattern includes right-handed and left-handed versions of the chart and written instructions. It also has general tips on how to read charts, how to read the written instructions, how to block crochet tapestries, and how to attach dowels to a piece to hang it up.

Thanks to everyone who’s shown their love for this little cowgirl, I appreciate y’all :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

Love it! 🫶🏼

2 Likes

Congrats on release! That is an amazing pattern!

3 Likes

I love the “painted lady” style old tattoos

3 Likes

Old school tattoos are sincerely awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

that style, with the round face and heavy make-up under the eyes, was popularized by sailors during WW1 and were called “painted lady” “painted ladies” and “the painted lady” those terms will now refer you to ladies with tattoos.

3 Likes

Yes! And now their popularity is rising up again and there is a whole new generation of artists creating in that style. I’ve seen some gorgeous ones. And I’ve seen old paintings of them around.

3 Likes

true story
I saw Ed Hardy clothes and cologne and some other things in a catalog years ago and made a mental note that dang! That guy is everywhere, I just saw him in a movie and now he has an item on every page of this store’s catalog!
When I finally figured out my mistake, I made my own sarcastic dig at myself that “Yeah, they are brothers, they have a whole mystery book series written about them too” :roll_eyes:
(in case you weren’t able to ride that thought train, Ed Hardy art is from that same era, and he is not in fact related to Tom Hardy, or the Hardy boys)

3 Likes

Yes, I know who Ed Hardy is, that guy is famous in the tattoo community. As I said, I’m quite familiar with tattoo history. It’s one of my special interests. I used to hang out at tattoo shops and conventions before the pandemic. And I learned a lot of stuff about it there, as well as art exhibits and documentaries.

And… I have a ton of tattoos :rofl:

2 Likes

Whoa there buckaroo, there’s a new cowgirl down at the OK corral!

1 Like

Congrats on the release! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Thanks pardners haha!

1 Like

@anon5108995 @Winternightmare yesssssssss, i love that this style is resurfacing again in tattoo communities. I’ve been so tempted to get this design as a tattoo (it’s on my list lol, but I have a couple other designs I want first hehehe).

2 Likes

I have a huge old school cobra on my shin, directly from one of those old flash books!

4 Likes

oh WORM it looks so GOOD @Winternightmare ! I’m planning on getting a largeeeee snake tattoo sometime this year too, I loveee snakes in that old school flash style :sparkling_heart: :snake:

2 Likes

Thanks :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have so many flash pieces… I always got something whenever I went to flash day and conventions. That was… back when I had money :rofl:

2 Likes

Money! It’s a gas!

1 Like

This is so good!!

2 Likes

thanks sm! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like