Pattern storage

I forget thereā€™s a limit because Iā€™ve never once hit it. Although I could finish 5 patterns a day, its unlikely I ever would finish 5 ribblr patterns in a day. Thanks for this info though.
I have no idea if I just reached the rank or if there was a glitch. I asked some questions about features and was told you had to be a member or leader and I asked how I become one. Then I got changed. Gonna go through the tutorial today to get all the info I need :sunglasses:

6 Likes

How do you blast through more than 5 a day regularly? My hands would not permit it regularly.
I normally have multiple WIPs but rarely multiple wips from ribblr.

Also as stated the archive tab if for patterns I canā€™t use so I donā€™t want patterns I like and plan to ever use in there. Maybe if there was a fully delete option I could get rid of the bad patterns and use the archive pattern for other stuff but since you can only archive patterns that you donā€™t like, are poorly written, havenā€™t been finished writting, are missing instructions etc. I use the archive tab for that.
If I donā€™t organise properly I get overwhelmed and end up abandoning everything. My brain isnā€™t always kind to me.

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

5 Likes

Yes, I wish I could just delete some patterns altogether for the same reason as yours, pattern written poorly, missing instructions, etc.
I always leave a written review on these type of patterns, I donā€™t want my fellow fiber artists to waste their money on those defective patterns.

7 Likes

Yeah I here ya, when Iā€™m bored I casually just look through patterns on here and find a lot I like and save them since itā€™s usually more than one I usually always forget to get some patterns once the timer is done and there are days where Iā€™m too busy to claim them so I miss some as well so I have to wait for the timer to be over, so itā€™s usually not regularly just when I end up having time and remembering lol :laughing:

6 Likes

FIY gifting free patterns isnā€™t going to be possible soon, and a better way to organize pattern will be introduced this year. Thanks for the great feedback!

You can use the filters to the left of your pattern libraries which are not customizable but still helpful!

6 Likes

Luckily all the bad ones have been free for me but youā€™re right, Including a journal could help save others time and stress with things that donā€™t work.

4 Likes

Its a shame a feature some people are enjoying is going but Iā€™m excited for the organisation update.
The current options at the side arenā€™t super helpful as almost all my patterns are similar in these descriptors but I find helpful when searching for new patterns :blush:
Thank you for the update

7 Likes

You need to make sure you leave a review on those ā€œbadā€ patterns, even if they are free, because you donā€™t want anyone else wasting time or yarn on it and you donā€™t want that designer not knowing they put out a ā€œbadā€ product

6 Likes

Yeah, just easy to forget when Iā€™m looking for a pattern and have to look for another after the bad one. Also worry about upsetting people with their patterns.

3 Likes

maybe Iā€™m too hard, but if a person is putting out lazy or bad patterns, they need to know.
It could be that they are just copy-pasting and not proof-reading, could be a simple typo because they didnā€™t have it tested, or it could be that they are just not experienced enough to be writing patterns yetā€¦
either way, they have to be told to prevent others from being ripped off. I would be so angry if I spent money on an unusable pattern and knew that other members had a chance to warn me and didnā€™t.

4 Likes

If they are upset because THEY have a problem, then they are the problem.
I refuse to be manipulated anymore by someone elseā€™s emotional/behavioral dysfunction.
Most of the designers I contacted regarding their pattern ( I do this in a private email first) have been appreciative of feedback. Those are the healthy people.
There was one unhealthy designer stating ā€œwhat do you expect itā€™s free!ā€. Reminds of a blog I read once. It was an organization in USA raising funds for women who lived in the ā€œghettoā€ (acres of cardboard boxes were the homes) in various countries in Africa. The author of the blog wrote to people donating ā€œStop giving us your crap.ā€
What we offer, in excellence, reflects on us.

4 Likes

I just live with so much anxiety I worry Iā€™ll upset the wrong person. I would always do a pattern that charges and as before, will try to do on free patterns going forward.
I did on one that gave absolutely no assembly instructions but normally when I find a bad pattern, Iā€™m looking through a few trying to find the right one and archiving those that wonā€™t work for my project.

3 Likes