Pattern Tester Advice

Hi!

So I need some advice about pattern testing. I have a crochet pattern I would like to publish but would like others to test it. I’ve never done this before so I would like to hear from others who have pattern tested and those who create patterns so I know what to expect/do.

I appreciate the feedback and I look forward to hearing from you guys!

6 Likes

you can start here, we just did a big discussion

5 Likes
4 Likes

Thank you!

Could you explain to me what exactly a journal is? I was reading through the discussion board and noticed a journal is important. Do both the designer and testers have one? If so, what does that look like? Then how do you give that/communicate it to the testers?

For communication, do you communicate with the testers through Ribblr, Instagram, email?

3 Likes

I operate solely through ribblr, it’s a safe and closed system that protects everyone involved… not everyone does, it’s up to you
The journal is within the ribbuild system. When you open and start a pattern, you will be prompted to start a journal. It will have a photo and and a text box and the option to be public…most designers expect the journal to remain public for tested patterns
While the pattern is in testing mode, only the designer and tester can see it, once it’s published, everyone will see it as it is displayed on the front page of the pattern as a “make”
My communication takes place in the system dm or private chat

3 Likes

Ohhhh, ok. That makes sense.

Also, how do you determine a price for your patterns?

3 Likes

My patterns are priced based on how long it took me to design it. It’s different that trying to price makes, because you only make the pattern once and it has no resources attached once finished.

4 Likes

Ok, awesome. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!

4 Likes