Pattern testing?

Hai,
I’m still new to the crochet community and I’m unsure about the rules surrounding pattern testing and being a pattern tester?
Like if you pattern test for someone are you still allowed to use that pattern in the future if you didn’t pay for it?
Is there any other rules surrounding it?
Im a little confused lol!

Thanks

12 Likes

Yes! When you test for someone, they should gift you the pattern so you can use it in the future!

4 Likes

Oooh lol that makes sense

4 Likes

Yea!!

4 Likes

Make sure to read the testing guidelines and the help center with the keyword test as there’s lots of information available that can help explain some things. As for what you asked,

Yes, as long as you follow the guidelines and their requirements they will choose gift and remove giving you the pattern for you to use

If you have other questions feel free to ask and I can try to help the best I can! :smile:

5 Likes

What do you do when you test and make a journal and they still dont gift it? I have tested 15 different crochet project and i have about 4 that has not been gifted and its still in my testing space. What can i do

3 Likes

I would get in touch with the designer and ask them to gift and remove you. Some people totally fprget to remove testers sometimes so you have to be a bit patient

3 Likes