Patterns Not Showing After a Bit of Scrolling

Hi friends! (And @Ribblr )

Does anyone else get the issue where youā€™re scrolling through the available patterns and it just stops showing after a bit? For me it just keeps loading and loading with the little grey bar sliding along the squares, but nothing will show up. Iā€™m sad because I want to see all the available patterns, and I canā€™t filter by a certain price range to see just the ones in this area. No matter how I sort it, it always just comes to a point with endless loading. Is it just me?

Edit: spelling

Unrelated, but I also donā€™t like how my only option to go back is to swipe. Itā€™s very difficult when I have to swipe more than once when it doesnā€™t register my tap. And I wish the little heart buttons on the patterns were bigger so I donā€™t accidentally click on them and have to go through this whole swiping issue to go back to my loading patterns :sweat:

8 Likes

Yea, Iā€™d like the hearts to be bigger also. Cuz, if I donā€™t tap on it ā€œjust rightā€ it goes to the pattern. And then have to swipe back.
Iā€™d like to look at all available patterns also, but yep, eventually scrolling ends up at place where it just seems to have an endless loop of loading.

@Ribblr

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me! I used to think it was my wi-fi or mobile data, or even my vpn, but itā€™s always the same.

Iā€™m also glad someone shares my sentiment about the hearts :pleading_face: I didnā€™t wanna seem like I was just complaining about nothing or something trivial, but it really hinders my experience with the app

7 Likes

Picture of what weā€™re talking about.

8 Likes

Yes, this exactly! I was going to include a picture but then I would have to scroll through all the patterns again

7 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

To confirm - you canā€™t see all patterns being loaded after a certain point? Is this in all pages or a specific page? (i.e search/crochet/discover)

When you accidentally tap on something and go back, it should take you to the same browsing location. Can you confirm if this isnā€™t the case for you?

Lastly - can you confirm your device and whether you are using Ribblr via the free app or using Ribblr.com?

7 Likes

Confirm- all page

Does NOT go back to same browsing page but back to beginning when you are searching for something specific i. e. search for frog get all frog patterns, click on one frog pattern to look in more detail, swipe back, back to original crochet pattern page and have to type in frog in search bar again

Using ribblr app on iPhone

7 Likes

I canā€™t see patterns on all pages after a certain point.

It takes me a bit further back sometimes. Not always, but sometimes.

Iā€™m using an iPhone 12 (iOS 15.4.1) and Iā€™m on Ribblr through the app

6 Likes

Thank you both.
Can you kindly check if this behavior occurs when using Ribblr.com on your iPhone or a different device?

6 Likes

I checked the website on both my laptop and iPhone, and it behaves the same way. I also noticed that there are a lot of patterns on the website that Iā€™ve never seen here on the app, despite me logging on nearly everyday and sorting by newest to see the new patterns.

6 Likes

On my computer. Through ribblr.com. DID see some patterns I hadnā€™t seen before though!

6 Likes

Hi @SierraCrochets07 could you send us your suggestion in a separate post or via private message? But please let us know if you experience the same issue as above.

8 Likes

Oops sorry! I didnā€™t mean to put my suggestion in the wrong post! Yes I do experience this from time to time , but it could just be my internet! I will message you with my suggestion!

8 Likes

Same, I have that problem too on my iPhone 13 pro on the website sometimes

7 Likes

@Kevan06 @angiea @anoswaldoddity

Our dev team are trying to reproduce this issue. Could you please take a quick video of your screen and upload it to imgur then send it to us via private message? This will help us solve it faster for you :blush:

To take a screen video on iPhone simply pull the menu from the top right and hit the record button.

6 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed the thing with patterns not loading yet, mostly because I donā€™t look through that many at a time

But I really agree that it would be nice if the hearts are a bit bigger, it happens so often that I try tapping the heart and that it just goes to the pattern instead

6 Likes

This will be improved on our upcoming feature drop!

9 Likes

8 Likes

It happens on my iPad on all pages and I use the app.

6 Likes

Can you please send us a private message with a video showing this?
Our team need to reproduce this bug in order to fix it faster.

4 Likes