Plot Twist

24 Likes

Loll I feel that

4 Likes

Man, I’m like the bottom
Dinosaur but add red eyes, a red background, and foaming at the mouth!!

5 Likes

Me when I’m testing a pattern with that many errors i am unable to continue, contacting the designer who will ghost me for a few days and then they finally ask for help - I end up writing most of the pattern for them then also making it myself with no credit :grimacing: just me? Or? Hahaha

5 Likes

No, not just you. When they’re too lazy to write it correctly, it makes me livid.

If I really really want to make it, I’ll make it work. BUT in no way, shape, or fashion will I rewrite the pattern for the designer or give them notes.

Don’t you do it either, you’re not helping them or your fellow fiber artists who buy the pattern or their future patterns.

One test I had to withdraw because the pattern made no sense whatsoever. Grr.

7 Likes

I think it’s because they see that I am an editor here also so I help people in different ways, but I mostly never change their patterns itself when I edit for someone. I usually just clean it up so it is easy to read and remove any errors I find. But I’ve had designers want me to rewrite it as for myself if I have started a project and I have a due date I will get it finished. As I do not want to waste yarn etc so I will finish the pattern myself with my knowledge of being a designer and what the pattern should have been. And I will then send a paragraph explaining all the errors and that I completed mine differently than the test. They will insist for me to edit their pattern but not what I usually do given they want me to make changes to the pattern itself ._. One other thing i do as an editor is if there is someone new to the community who is struggling to write up a pattern i as an editor will help them do so but I make 0 changes to the pattern itself. I think the thing that does make me angry is after the time and effort I put into editing peoples patterns I never get any sort of credit as they will get reviews like “so well written” etc but before I touched it, it wasn’t easy to follow :confused: my patterns in my shop always get good reviews for being well written easy to follow no errors etc. so I guess it’s a shame so I am the angry Dino :t_rex: grr grr hahaha

4 Likes

Bahahaha! Toooooooo truuuuuuuuuuuuue!:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

That was not what happen recently right? I don’t know, but I think it was more like from teddy bear to…
bear GIF by CsaK

1 Like

Okay tho, as someone knew to pattern writing, for people other than myself that is…I actually would rather people NOT- Im sure there has been a lazy designer somewhere that has…I’m dyscalculic so maybe tell me when the math stopped mathing, but I actually get annoyed when people try to help/write it for me…How can anyone be self sufficient, and learn when everyone does it for them? :thinking: So i feel you, but in a opposite kind of situation

3 Likes

Well, you’re the rare one I think. :flushed:

1 Like

That’s crazy tho- I always guessed most people were like that :melting_face:

2 Likes

I totally understand where you’re coming from! In our family we’re all dyslexic in different ways. So we never let others “do for us” but explain so we understand and can do on our own. I’m a right/left and transpose (flipping) numbers. So I’ve always worn a ring on my left thumb. Math I always do 2-3 times to be sure. Stitch markers are CRUCIAL for me!!!

1 Like

Yess! I understand why people want to help. But it isn’t helpful to me at all.

2 Likes