Pokemon

Iā€™m sure your grandson will ask for some Pokemon youā€™ve never heard of at some point :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m sure he WiILL!!

6 Likes

As a boy he probably wont ask for a togepi, but if you ever make one i would love to see it!

6 Likes

Ohhh thanks for the tip, Iā€™ll check it out as well since I love making pokemon

The patterns I found are from a free blog by crochetfanatic, though they do have errors sometimes (I adjust small stuff anyway so not big problem for me)

5 Likes

@anoswaldoddity i have pokemon patterns in my shop

4 Likes

Red Heart Super Saver is my favorite for amigurumi, Big Twist from Joannā€™s is my second favorite. Both have great color selections. RHSS is definitely sturdy, Big Twist is slightly softer but still good.

5 Likes

I want to like RHSS, but I canā€™t stand the pilling. Thus, either buying a blend or anti-pilling acrylic.

4 Likes

FYI, the above link does not go to your shopā€¦.

4 Likes

I crochet almost exclusively PokĆ©mon! My favorite yarn is either Big Twist or I Love This Yarn for smaller plushes and Bernat for larger. ā€œI love This Yarnā€ has a huge color selection and the acrylic is really soft. Big Twist also has a large range, but the softness is hit or miss with every color but itā€™s cheaper by a bit!

I would also suggest finding patterns that are rounder and less detailed. Sometimes the detailed PokĆ©mon amigurumi patterns can come out uncanny and wonky :ā€™)

As for the details, needle felting or felt works best for the smaller plushes and felt/ crocheting details for bernat is the best <3

6 Likes

Thank you for contributing to the conversation AND for the tips.
I think the really detailed ones areā€™ā€™nt even made by the designer.

3 Likes

My pleasure, glad to see so many people with great tips!! Iā€™m still learning how to use Ribblrā€™s message boards so apologies for misunderstanding about the patterns :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No problem, this is a safe place. Weā€™re all inclusive. :heart::heart:

3 Likes

For rounder pokemon i found a youtube channel called Amigu World that has many cute videos! But i havent made any myself yet

4 Likes

Thanks sweetie!!

3 Likes

Yes thank you!!! I love them Iā€™ve done a few of their PokĆ©mon patterns. So easy to follow and work up quick. Iā€™m pretty sure they have patterns here on ribblr too for those who like written better.

4 Likes

I will have to look them up here!
Glad you have tried them, makes me feel better mentioning them (as again, i havent donr them myself)

4 Likes

I love to crochet PokĆ©mon! (And have even made a few patterns.) Iā€™m partial to chenille and other squishy yarns, myself, and I often use a mix of Bernat Blanket/Bernat Baby Blanket, Yarn Bee Cozy Occasion and Premier Basix Chenille, which are roughly at a similar gauge and allow me a good range of colors.

Other yarns I like using for amigurumi have been Lion Brand Wool Ease and Thick & Quick, as well as Miraā€™s 10-ply acrylic. (Most listings are 4-ply, so it may take a little searching!)

7 Likes

@anoswaldoddity i fixed the link

3 Likes

Yay! I can see your shop now!

2 Likes

there will be 3other pokemon patterns but i have procrastinatedā€‹:disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes