Premier Parfait chunky

recently I was gifted some skeins of parfait chunky…And I noticed how difficult it was to make a magic ring, and create a nice shape with it, :thinking: I freehand most things, but i noticed how odd the stitches looked, and how the magic ring bulged at the top and- it just was, off? Does anyone have expertise on how to work with parfait? Its so soft and lovely colors…

7 Likes

NOT TO MENTION THE SHEDDING :sob:
It sheds more than my dog-

3 Likes

I find chain 4, slip stitch into the last chain (first one you made) then crochet into the centre really helps me. Xx

7 Likes

I chain 2 and work the stitches in chain 1 AFTER adjusting the ch 1 size to the number of stitches going into it. All the while working over the tail.

I think Premier Parfait is the best that was can get in US for a decent price that has a range of colors. It doesn’t shed while crocheting with it or otherwise
. Snuggles from Michaels sheds like crazy while working with it AND while it’s just sitting there.

5 Likes

I never knew snuggles shed! (I dont live nead Michael’s) Ive found when its a good “batch” I like bernat baby blanket…But Im a magic ring kinda person, so the fact that yarn broke so easily was soo annoying!

2 Likes

Hmmm…I’ll have to try it out, for amigurumi tho I feel a ch 4 would be too big of a hole :thinking:

2 Likes

I use it quite often, and rarely have issues, curious as to what hook size you use with it?

3 Likes

G/4mm hook. An H hook will work too.

2 Likes

I typically use a 5mm hook with parfait chunky and make sure you leave enough of a tail. Usually I will hold the stitches in one hand and gently tug on the tail. Going slowly usually stops breakage. It will sometimes have a small bulge in the center but I usually find if I gently pull it tighter it will go away or use the tail and make a couple stitches on the inside of the piece you’re working like you would at the end when you fasten off and close. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

YES. Every time I work with parfait chunky I literally have to have a lint roller handy at my desk! It honestly helps sooo much

2 Likes

I use a 4.5, and make sure that the yarn im crocheting for the magic ring doesnt get twisted with one another. Its not as forgiving as acrylic worsted weight yarns, but if you make sure they dont twist and pull gently it should make a ring nicely. Sometimes you have to tug a bit, i know i leave a little more leader yarn as well (like an extra inch) when using parfait.

3 Likes

I use a 4.5 normally too! Ive also used a 4 mm but i found it to be too tight when working up my increases…I think Im used to other textures more that im just frazzled

2 Likes

My lint roller cant keep up :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I don’t know if this works with Parfait Chunky because I’ve only used Snuggles lite, but if it’s anything like it, for my magic rings I like to make a knot at the end of the yarn to prevent the shedding! It’s been working pretty well for me and it helps get a grip on the pulling of the circle too

2 Likes

I don’t use that yarn, but I use Just Chenille from Premier as well. I’ve learnt to just make the first rows loose(mainly the magic ring & inc x12 for example).

2 Likes

Great idea!

1 Like

Hmm I’ll have to try this!

1 Like