Pride 2022 B.Y.O.P Craft Along!

:rainbow:Hey y’all! I’m Kati, I’m 23 from Arizona​:desert:
I just joined this app this month, and in honor of pride i actually posted a free rainbow pillow/plush on my shop! :sparkling_heart:

I’ve also made fingerless gloves and am currently working up a beanie using red heart bright stripes yarn (basically a neon rainbow)

7 Likes

How do you like the Drops Nord yarn?

5 Likes

I take it you enjoy math!! :wink:

6 Likes

I know I already said it but I’m so excited that you’re picking these back up, even moreso now that I’m working on my squares so we’re using the same yarn from our advents! If you want some tips for the calf increases then Roxanne Richardson on youtube will be a great resource.

@subatomic-stitches
Welcome to the site! I’m deffinetly going to have to check your free pattern out, I might just have enough yarn from last years pride project to make it! Oh wow that yarn really is bright XD I look forward to seeing it grow!

@anoswaldoddity
I’m using it for weaving rather than knitting or crocheting (at the moment) and I like how it feels, it’s SO soft, but it’s not great for weaving so I’ve put that project aside for now until I decide how to go about using it, but I totally plan on using more of the yarn for knitted projects, I think it’d be amazing for a sweater. And as for your comment about Jaq’s math, oh boy you have no idea XD That amazing woman enters excel competitions!

8 Likes

Oh my gosh!! :star_struck:

7 Likes

Hi, my name is Mitch and I am a 14 year old dancer, actor, and artist. I use He/They pronous and is a trans maculine non-binary pep. Although im not out to my parents, I still enjoy celebrating pride and being my self.

Some of my curent crochet projects are:

● Crochet- rainbow heart plush
● Crochet- trans flag bandana
● Crochet- trans socks
● Crochet- enby arm cuff

I hope that my crocheting skills impprve over the years so i can start a small business and possibly create my own patterns. Thats about it ! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH !!!

5 Likes

So the month is almost over, but that doesn’t mean you’ve done badly if you haven’t finished a project! Remember the goal wasn’t to finish things, just to have fun with a project that is somehow pride themed or associated. Even once the month is over you can still post your finished projects you worked on this month if you’d like. Hopefully next year we’ll have another pride craft along!

I’ve not managed to finish anything, I ended up having a lot of health issues that meant I’ve barely been able to craft but that’s okay. I ended up switching my focus to the pillow cover I’ve been working on and have managed to add a few more squares to it.

7 Likes

So much!

5 Likes

Finished my socks! Almost in time for the end of pride month, life has a way of delaying things

6 Likes

They look so goooood, hopefully we have some warm weather again so you can see how the fibres feel in the heat since I don’t have the yarn for my socks I’m gunna do with the vegan sock yarn.

3 Likes