Question about no-sew projects

Omg! I love this!!! What pattern is this?

5 Likes

Tops the Triceratops hat by Ira Rott

4 Likes

I donā€™t mind using patterns that require me to sew, in fact a lot of the amigurumis Iā€™ve made required me to sew a lot.

It honestly just takes me forever to do, I just made a turtle and it took me like 20min to sew the pieces together :skull:
And on top of that placement is also a big issue sometimes, like when I put it on the area I want itā€™s perfect; but somehow during the sewing process it gets messed up.

3 Likes

I am just bad at sewing :sob: gotten better with practice but itā€™s still not my favorite, maybe cuz thereā€™s no clear-cut spots where I know I should insert the needle and itā€™s hard to knot it off.

3 Likes

iā€™m not too fond of so much sewing because of the fluff that gets everywhere since i use fluffy yarn.

3 Likes

Honestly to me itā€™s easier to single crochet on a row say an arm or leg then sewing on. I crochet the arms and legs first usually then the body and SC through the arm/leg and into the body. I personally think it looks much more crisper this way. When I sew sometimes no matter how much I follow the instructions it looks off.

5 Likes

Thank you Iā€™m going to try this!

4 Likes

Also thereā€™s a gal that sells stitch placement sticks on instgram if anyone is interested. I just seen them. I havenā€™t used them myself but Iā€™m intrigued about them.?

3 Likes

The part that I dislike the most about sewing amigurumi pieces is when you have pieces that need to be placed symmetrically. Iā€™m too much of a perfectionist so I usually end up undoing and redoing them several times before it feels good enough. The amount of time it takes when this happens feels frustrating.

4 Likes

No sew pieces take less time to make and are cheaper to sell, since most people charge per part sewn.

i donā€™t really mind sewing amigurumi but anything else is annoying

3 Likes

I would love to see what they are please if you come across them again :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I just hate sewing full stop. Iā€™ll do it if the pattern calls for it but I get no joy from it. I tried cross stitch before and had the same issue.
Its like doing maths homework for a class the teachers bad at teaching. Just feels boring and frustrating.
I do also struggle to choose how to sew on(which stitch) and getting placement exact(I use pins to place but still sometimes feel a little off)
I try to sew as I go if a pattern has a lot of sewing and it feels better for me doi g it that way

3 Likes

I can place something on a million times. even use pins. And I will be danged, if I didnā€™t sew it on crooked. Also, sometimes I will sew on an arm or something and it just ā€œsitsā€ wonky. I will sew on parts, but Im just not super excited, to.

3 Likes

The name Is @ dandelion tonic on Instgram .

3 Likes

I hunted down this video. TikTok - Make Your Day

3 Likes

I donā€™t really mind sewing on pieces but it take sooooo long.

3 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

i am okay with sewing but i ALWAYS forget how to do it when the time comes

3 Likes

For me, someone with ADHD, sewing the pieces is an extra step. Itā€™s much more enjoyable to be able to crochet something as one piece and when itā€™s done, itā€™s actually done.
I will do patterns that require sewing, but I am much more likely to go back to patterns that are all one piece ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

3 Likes