Question of the Day - October 11

happy bday!
Happy Birthday Love GIF by yvoscholz

5 Likes

omg i have been looking for milk cotton for sooo longgg whats the website?!

6 Likes

I feel like this is apples to oranges… acrylic is the content, chunky is the size…
I don’t love any chunky yarn, which can also come in acrylic, but I despise the fluffy yarns, which can come in other sizes

6 Likes

I can’t choose :sob: I like all the different types of yarn for different projects. As long as i have yarn im happy lol :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I prefer Velvet or Chenille Bulky!!!

4 Likes

Idkk i like them both!

4 Likes

I have never had the pleasure of using the soft velvet or chenille the yarns. I have made a basket from some bulky acrylic. It was fun because it was so fast. And my hand liked using the larger hook. But to me, the size of it is limiting. I like cotton for some projects. But for many projects it is to unyielding.

Acrylic is typically easy to work with, slightly stretchy, durable and fairly forgiving. So, I would say that I prefer acrylic yarn. More than that, I like the specialty acrylic yarns. Like RH “Brushed”, Caron “Simply Soft” or Lion Brand “Homespun”. Delicious, soft yarns like those.

4 Likes

I like both!!! I do like acrylic yarn because it’s good for small stuffed animals and easy to count the stitches, but chunky yarn feels nice, and is super good for making bigger stuffed animals :smiley:

4 Likes

haha well, I use Taobao but you have to have a Chinese phone # :stuck_out_tongue: but you can also find it on Amazon

^^^^
The ratings are meh and the color choices are not that varied, but it’s pretty good quality yarn, I’ve bought it before :grin:
The Amazon yarn costs a lot more than the one on Taobao in comparison…

7 Likes

Acrylic! I made these super cute reindeer ornaments out of acrylic yarn

4 Likes

chonky :eye::lips::eye:

4 Likes

WHERE DO YOU BUY lT :eyes:

5 Likes

Taobao, its a chinese shopping website lol. I went back to beijing over the summer and i actually brought a few skeins back. I didnt bring enough p-p
Shipping from China takes like 4 months :sob:

6 Likes

For making amigurumi;
Designing–definitely acrylic
Making a proved pattern/something that wants high-definition stitches–cotton

But there are so many yarn types that fit different occasions :slight_smile: If I’d choose an all-time favorite, it’s either pure alpaca or an alpaca blend :smiling_face: So soft~~ So warm~~

4 Likes

Chunky hasn’t been around as long says acrylic. I prefer acrylic.

2 Likes

I’ve used a lot of acrylic but am ok with wool blends. Prefer fingering, DK or light worsted. Will not use bulky yarns.

4 Likes

Chunky of course!

3 Likes

i like to get my stuff from joans

3 Likes

oh okay! thanks!

3 Likes

You found the yarn I was looking for!!! I had some yarn like this but I forgot the name and I really wanted more!!

4 Likes