Questions for Markets/Craft Fairs

Hi all!
So I am going to have a booth at a Holiday Bazaar in less than a month.
I have been doing craft fairs since 2017, so I am no entirely new to them, but I have a few questions:

1). I have made some crochet heart and flower pins and barrettes (pics below), but I am not sure how to display themā€¦

I was thinking maybe placing them in this:

2). What crochet items are popular this year in markets/craft fairs? I have made a lot of Christmas themed items, (snowman, gingerbread, Santa, Grinch, gnome, jellyfish, whale, and jewelry. See items here), but I am unsure of what is on trend atm.

3). Where/how do you get a professional sign with your logo on it? Currently, I have a handmade sign with ā€œJAdamasCollectionā€ on it, but it doesnā€™t look very professionalā€¦

Any suggestions are very much appreciated! :grin:

If you would like to see some of my items/would like to support me, please check out my Instagram, Facebook, and or Etsy

8 Likes

Hi! I have never done nor been in a craft fair, but i would probably display clips in a way that they can be aeen without been all touchedā€¦ Maybe something like this

Also, i believe you have a great selection of items! Anything holiday related will sure be a hit (maybe you can add candy canes as well?), and you can never go wring with whales/octopus/jellyfish ! In my opinion they are a huge favorite !

10 Likes

Iā€™ve also been hearing that gnomes are pretty popular.

7 Likes
  1. I think having like a board where you can display them standing up only one item of each design would work for display only and have the actually ones people would buy separate, perhaps in a closed container and if someoneā€™s interested you can grab them and give them it, that way it minimizes the amount of touching/bacteria

2. Honestly Iā€™m not sure, but I would think that things that are functional/usable, cute, or nice looking would sell regardless if that item is trendy

3. For the professional sign with your logo, depending on the material that youā€™re using to display your logo you can probably use Etsy and have someone print out your logo and some nice decorations maybe as stickers and you can play them on the sign/board/etc, my grandma has a cricket machine and she likes to make seasonal signs with wooden boards she gets at craft stores and by placing the vinyl
    stickers made from the cricket like letters/shapes/decorations on there and it looks really clean and nice perhaps you can do something similar?

Good luck with the craft fair!

6 Likes

Ooo good idea!
I actually have a lot whales/octopus/jellyfish, so that is great news!

5 Likes

I made myself a custom corner to corner blanket / sign that said ā€œmade by Marilynā€

The hair things screamed out to me to have a big yarn braid and clip them to it, going down the side of your canopy leg or something

8 Likes

This was such a helpful comment! Thank you for all the ideas :grin:

6 Likes

Ooooooo I like that idea!!!

6 Likes

No problem! I hope they were helpful or at least gave you some inspiration :smile:

6 Likes

I think little plushies would be good, shouldnā€™t take terribly long to make and are really cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I can answer your second question! Iā€™ve been to a couple of vendor vents and small items sell a bunch, parents usually donā€™t want to spend a lot of money so small things in the 5-15 dollar range sell quickly! Itā€™s also good to have variety, I usually make a lot of different items so there are many choices. I hope your event goes well!!

6 Likes

Also as to getting a professional sign Iā€™d check Instagram, I know Iā€™ve seen a couple of people who make banners but I canā€™t remember their usernames.

6 Likes

Your local family owned printing shop can usually make banners too.
A family owned business did a great job of making CD labels for my husbands music CD.

5 Likes

Ok! Thanks :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Ooo interesting!

3 Likes

Seeing this pic, what is your initial thought? (Criticism welcome)

4 Likes

That looks great!

4 Likes

@anoswaldoddity Thanks! I am trying to maximize my space, and also want it to look put together/clean.

3 Likes

You have a cookie jar?

3 Likes

Um, I am not sure what you meanā€¦ Can you please elaborate?

3 Likes