(Random) Childhood TV shows

Hiya so I was just reminiscing over tv shows I used to watch as a young child. I remember watching this show called Pingu and it was abt these penguins I’m pretty sure they didn’t talk but i loved it. And there are some classics like In the night garden (mackapackaaaa) and teletubbies (la la dipsy tinky winky and po!) and there’s this show called Barney, the dino scared me tho.

Anyways be sure to tell me of your favourite childhood tv shows from ur kids or ur own childhood <3

13 Likes

i loved barney when i was little! i was also a huge fan of spongebob, sesame street, puffin rock, etc :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Pingu will always be a classic. It troubles me seeing in the night garden as an older show since I only know it through my friends kids.
I was obsessed with a Scots gaelic show called dotaman when I was young. The host would wear these amazing hats with loads going on. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

yesss sesame street was elite!

8 Likes

My childhood shows were Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, SpongeBob, Martha speaks, Chowder, I occasionally rewatch some of them for background noise, but get distracted and end up watching them :joy:

8 Likes

Growing up I liked watching Sesame Street, (we are talking the 70s), Electric Company, Zoom,
Cartoons were Bugs Bunny (the 60-70s), Woody Woodpecker, and the original Tom and Jerry.
As an adult I loved Veggie Tales and Sponge Bob.
Oh, and Bluey!

6 Likes

The Busy World of Richard Scarry, Magic School Bus, Arthur, Franklin, Recess, The Weekenders, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, Dragon Ball Z.
There were probably more lol.

6 Likes

Pingu is an ABSOLUTE CLASSIC
I love to still watch it :0
I have a bunch! My father “ripped” discs we had so I have the files saved on a hardrive :0

They speak!!! BUT
they speak in like… theres a word but I cant remember
its like
adlibbed and stuff “gibberish” noises to convey thoughts and emotions inn auniversal wqy
kinda like Simlish but less organised! :3
its great. I wish we could get more shows like this, improv gibberish stuff :0

7 Likes

Wombles for me

6 Likes

Same here (except for Martha Speaks and SpongeBob) - gotta say Courage was by far my favourite. There was also Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Ed, Edd ‘N’ Eddy, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, Pokemon (if it counts as a “cartoon”) and the like.

6 Likes

Ooo yeah I remember those shows!

5 Likes

I’m way old, mine were Captain Kangaroo and Bozo the Clown.

5 Likes

I saw Bozo the Clown in person in Chicago, IL. I was probably 4 or 5 years old and very excited!
I would watch Bozo the Clown on WGN TV- I think it was channel 9.
Also, welcome to the Ribblr Community!
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

5 Likes

i was a big fan of those shows too! i also watched fireman sam, sofia the first and obviously peppa pig

5 Likes

Yess those shows were just elite and Peppa pig especially but apparently someone was like saying that Peppa pig causes kids to be naughty

4 Likes

really? its strange how some stuff aimed at kids can cause them to pick up bad behaviours and stuff like that

4 Likes

Naw, kids are naughty all by themselves, no help needed.
Notice that we have to socialize kids to be good?

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/a4VvRWTD3Ok it’s this lol

4 Likes

Very young I didn’t watch much tv but like 6+ or something and later I used to love watching ben10 and bakugan, I’m sad how much they messed up the show with new versions though

3 Likes

I feel that way about Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry.

4 Likes