Reading Pattern

Hey everyone! I recently started crocheting and I’m still having trouble reading patterns. I’m more of a visual learner, but unfortunately the creator doesn’t have a video tutorial.

For example: Is round 7 saying to do one increase in the first stitch and 5 single chains in the rest? Does that mean I’d increase it 5 times in one stitch? SOS!!!

5 Likes

Hi! So, for round 7, like you said, it’s INC (which means increase), then 5 SC x6. Let’s break it down: INC means increase, which in this case, would be single crochet twist in one stitch. SC means single crochet; if you’ve been crocheting for a while, then I assume you know what it is, but if you don’t, there are lots of tutorials.
Basically, for that round, you would increase in the first stitch, then single crochet in the next five stitches. You would do that for 6 times total for that round (hence the x6). I hope this helped!

5 Likes

okay that makes so much more sense now thank you so so much

4 Likes

For this, It might be better to take the screenshot off and just write down what confused you for help, since I believe most pattern creators mention not to share their pattern elsewhere, and depending where you got the pattern from, you can also ask the person for help as well. But I have no idea what this creator said in fact they might not have mentioned it, either way if you need anymore help don’t hesitate to ask! There’ll definitely be people here to help :smile:

2 Likes

it’s not the complete pattern which is why i thought it was okay. let me know if it isn’t though! i just figured it’d be easier to show it this way since the steps are very similar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would say probably not a good idea, since it does have watermarks on it so the creator probably doesn’t want that page and/or other pages shared

3 Likes