remember the Phoenix CAL?

In May of 2019 there was a CAL for the Phoenix blanket. Did anyone else do that?
It was mostly done in dk weight yarn. I used Caron Simply Soft that time.

This time I am using Bernat Softee Chunky in Bright Teal, with a 10mm hook.
It says, at the end of Part 1 the square should measure 12cm, (4.75"), mine was 12 inches. After a few more rounds, it is 21 inches.
I love the look of the single color. This is gonna be amazing. #g-babygift.

Update: This is 40 inches at the wide spots.

431210850_436326372181737_4896348407222491786_n_medium2

26 Likes

It looks beautiful!!

6 Likes

I agree. So much texture. Fun to do, but a lot of concentration. I just do a little at a time.

6 Likes

Looks gorgeous! I’ve never done a CAL before but it sounds like fun! It’ll be nice if the Ribblr Live could do one lol :grin:

7 Likes

I’m sorry, but what it a CAL? -I still don’t know a few terms :face_with_peeking_eye:

6 Likes

sameee

6 Likes

CAL is Crochet Along.
They just give out a portion of the pattern at a time. Kinda like testing, with the sections blocked.

6 Likes

Ooooh that sounds fun :star_struck:

4 Likes

Sounds fun

Lovely colour you are using

4 Likes

Gorgeous!! I love how the design still looks so elegant* even with the larger yarn!

Edit: *delicate. My phone autocorrected to elegant which is also true, haha, but I intended to type delicate.

4 Likes

Me too. I hoped it would.

4 Likes

Now it reminds me of a picture in a frame. :framed_picture:

4 Likes

This is where I stop following the pattern. I want a flat edge to be able to continue on with my plans and the next part of the pattern is more frilly. So gorgeous. Even more so than this picture shows.

5 Likes

It’s coming along well! Definitely would love to see how it comes out at the end :grin:

4 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

Finished! Love this! It measures about 54" square. It is sitting on a queen size bed, for sizing. Decided against adding twisted fringe this time.

3 Likes

It’s so lovely!!!

1 Like

Thanks. It fits really nicely over me in my recliner … one of my many g-babies will love it.

1 Like