Removing self from tests

Hey @Ribblr
So I LOVE the new “remove self from a test” feature, but I have a suggestion based on a situation that just occurred…
A designer assigned me to “test”(proofread)/edit all of her patterns… When I finished, she gifted them to me, but they stayed in my testing. When I tried to remove myself, it told me to contact the designer since I was assigned to all (which this is the only way that I had known I was assigned to all)… Is there a way that you could make it so that the tester can remove individual patterns from testing, so that the designers can keep the “assign to all” if they want, but the tester can clean out the testing section as desired? I hope this makes sense…

21 Likes

We will look to further assist with these things, hopefully later this year!

11 Likes

This happened to me too

8 Likes

Thanks!

7 Likes

Does removing yourself enable you still keep the pattern in your pattern gallery? I had a designer gift me the pattern but it was also still in testing so I removed myself. Another designer just left me as a tester, I guess, because it’s still in my testing

6 Likes

The new feature that lets you remove testers and gift the pattern at the same time should cut down on this. I have a few patterns though that the designer abandoned the project and the site and had me test “all” patterns since there was only one. And one that gifted me the pattern instead of putting me as tester and I can’t get rid of that one either
Since these are all unusable and the designer abandoned them, I guess I should go ahead and report them.

4 Likes

I was gifted all 3 patterns, but it didn’t remove them from my testing… I’m guessing it has to do with the “all” aspect… I think I was placed as tester for the first, then gifted it and it was removed. Then when I agreed to proofread the others, I was put as a tester for all, because the first also went back to my tester section… I didn’t think much about it since we had discussed another possible change… It was when I was gifted the other 2 and I tried to remove them from my testing that I became aware of this

5 Likes

Yes, if you have it in your library you will keep it there… I have a couple that I’ve kept in my testing because I haven’t been gifted them yet and if I delete myself as a tester I’ll lose it entirely

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got 2 patterns that I’ve left in testing for that same reason

5 Likes

Just to clarify- the designers needs to remove you either manually or using the new gift tester feature.
You can sort remove yourself as a tester but not if you are set to test all patterns currently.

5 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes

Yep, have a couple kept in testing for that very reason.

4 Likes

I’ve done the same thing

2 Likes