Retailers selling crochet items

So recently I went to target and I was looking at the purses and saw 3 crochet bags. One was a granny square handbag and a crochet shell bag. I was a bit sad though just cause those bags were $15 and that is definitely much less than what you would get on Etsy. Also this kinda just ruins the whole handmade crochet idea. The whole reason people buy crochet items is to get a handmade item made with love not made by some machines or workers who are not paid enough for their services. Also a lot of times these designs have been stolen by a crochet designer and such big companies don’t give any credit. If you want to see a detailed video I recommend little johns yarn channel.

15 Likes

That is very sad. People don’t realize that we’re a community and we need each other. This includes supporting each other.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the fact that you can’t recreate crochet with a machine and whoever made that was SEVERELY underpaid :sob:

5 Likes

This bugs me as well. I saw a granny square sweater at Target as well and I was looking at ideas for crocheting organizers and Urban Outfitters had crocheted ones out of granny squares as well!!! Grr

5 Likes