Ribblr of the Week: Meet Abby 🏅

Say hey to @sunnydazecraft - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind sunnydazecraft!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself :wave:
Hi! My name is Abby, I am the owner of Sunny Daze Craft. My mom taught me how to crochet when I was little and I picked it back up again in January of 2022. My full time job is being a children’s pastor at a church. Most of my time outside of that is filled with crocheting!

When did you start crafting and how?
My mom has always been very crafty. She taught me how to sew and crochet at a very young age. I even got my first sewing machine for my 9th birthday!

That’s amazing!
And how did you start designing?

When I started crocheting I really never followed any patterns. I would just kind of make things up as I went. Then people started asking me for patterns and I decided to take the design process more seriously.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Crocheting is definitely my favorite, I love that the possibilities are endless by only learning a few simple stitches.

What was the longest project you worked on?
My daisy flower blanket (over 100 hours)

Oh wow!
And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)

Pillow Cozy pattern by Mrs Moon & Heaven (@mrsmoonheaven)

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
One of my Check-Her Out crossbody bags. WIPS? Way too many to count. At least 15.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
My flower blanket. I don’t think anything will ever top it. But my own personal design that I am most proud of is my Sunny Daze pattern.

What is your usual process of designing?
I start with sketching or drawing out my idea on canva. I work through the project at least one full time with lots of trial, error, and frogging. Then work it once more while making adjustments until it is perfect!

What inspires you to create/design?
I love taking inspo from looking at clothing items/accessories that I typically like to wear. Then I try to figure out how I can replicate it out of crochet.

Pop culture time! Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
Going Up Yonder by Walter Hawkins :slight_smile:

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
Pattern countdown! It is so fun to see what patterns will be released soon.

Awesome!
Finally, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@TheSoulfulNow !

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out the sunnydazecraft shop now!

21 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week! :partying_face::tada:

6 Likes

congrats on rotw!

4 Likes

Congratulations on ROTW @sunnydazecraft
(Fyi, if you didn’t know you might enjoy the Christian Crafters space)

5 Likes

congrats on the rotw :tada::tada:

4 Likes

Happy Fun GIF by sendwishonline.com

5 Likes

Congratulations on ROTW! :tada:

3 Likes

Congrats!! :tada:

2 Likes

Congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

2 Likes