Ribblr of the Week - Meet Ana 🏅

Say hey to Ana (@AnaDdesign) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind Ana D!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself. :wave:
I’m Ana, crochet designer, mother of teenage twin boys.

When did you start crafting and how?
I learned from my mom and granny how to crochet, knit, sew, and cross stitch while in my childhood because I was curious to see if she could do it.

And how did you start designing?
In 2011 I started my shop as craft therapy for my mom. I shared mom’s love for knit and soon after I started making my own crochet designs. Then, some clients asked me to share the patterns for my crochet and in 2012 I started publishing them. Ana D patterns are published at My Crocheted Closet (book), Two simple shapes(book), Embrace crochet by Knit Picks, Scheepjes Bookazine, Pom Pom Quarterly, Simply Crochet Magazine, Make 2 by Our Makers Life, The Pattern Pack, Happily Hooked Magazine

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Not specifically! I like doing things with my hands:-)

What was the longest project you worked on?
My first knit sweater. It was oversized but so cozy!

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
A coaster!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
countless :sweat_smile:

What inspires you to create/design?
People around me, the crochet community…

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I can’t point to a single song or book. I read a lot and I’m not a fan type of person. I would recommend reading in general. :books:

It’s Monday! Care to share a funny story that happened to you recently?
I was crocheting on the beach on our summer vacation. Seven years old girl came to me and asked me to teach her how to crochet. And then she made a couple of bracelets embellished with seashells for all her friends.

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
Everyone who shares their love for yarn!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out the Ana D shop now!

8 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week @AnaDdesign :partying_face::tada:

1 Like

Congratulations on ROTW!! :sparkling_heart::partying_face::clap:

1 Like

@ArtsAndNaps @cozycrochett Thank you! :blush: :blush:

3 Likes