Ribblr of the Week 🏅 - Meet Annie!

Say hello to Annie (@GAEAbyAnnie) - our new ROTW!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi I’m Annie, I’m a 20-year-old college student from Southern California! I love lots of different forms of art, but at the moment my favorite way to express my creativity is definitely through crochet!

When did you start crafting and how?
I’ve been crafting for as long as I can remember, I think I’ve tried almost every type of craft at least once. But I started crocheting about two years ago during the start of the pandemic and never stopped!

And how did you start designing?
Once I learned the basics of crochet, I knew I wanted to try to create my own patterns and designs, so after lots of trial and error I finally was able to start making pieces I was really proud of which motivated me to continue designing!

Why do you love Crochet so much? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love that you can make pretty much anything you want with just a piece of yarn and a hook!

What was the longest project you worked on?
It was a crochet blanket I made out of about 100 squares which took forever to stitch together :sweat_smile:

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
One of my SMILEY COASTERS! This is the next pattern I’m hoping to share on Ribblr so keep an eye out for that :slight_smile:

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :sweat_smile:
I am currently working on a couple of custom orders (a SMILEY BAG and some SMILEY COASTERS) and a couple of personal projects so I would guess around 5 WIPs right now.
Which of your designs are you most proud of?
I have to go with my SMILEY BAG! It is definitely my most popular design and I love seeing people share the bags they have made :relaxed:

What is your usual process of designing?
I usually start by sketching out a random idea that comes into my mind, then I try to figure out how I would actually put it together and test different versions until I am happy with the design.

What inspires you to create? :bulb:
I find inspiration almost everywhere but most of the time it comes from music - I love listening to music while I crochet!

Now time for some pop culture!
Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?

My favorite song changes almost every day hahah but currently my favorite song is probably For You by Luna Luna.

Help us start the week on a positive note! Care to share a funny story that happened to your recently?
A few nights ago, I was reheating some frozen falafel for dinner. Two of them were frozen together so I tried to separate them on the pan. Unfortunately my stove is right next to my sink and as I was trying to separate the frozen falafel, they flew off the the pan and straight down the garbage disposal. :joy:

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I love how you can view photos linked to a specific step of the pattern, I think this makes patterns much easier to read!

Finally, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr! :tada:

• I want to shout out my fellow Ribblr @mrsmoonheaven - Jaida inspires me to make more crochet clothing, all of her designs are so unique and beautiful!

Thanks so much for sharing! :purple_heart:

Find all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out the Smiley Bag from GAEAbyAnnie:

26 Likes

Congratulations!!

6 Likes

Woohoo :partying_face:

6 Likes

Congratulations :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

So cool!

5 Likes

congratulations!!!

5 Likes

Congratulations

5 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!! @GAEAbyAnnie I loved learning a bit about you and your frozen falafel incident :joy: I love crocheting too!

5 Likes

Congratulations :clap: :blush:

5 Likes

So nice to learn more about you! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Congratulations​:tada:

4 Likes