Ribblr of the Week: Meet Brigitta! 🏅

Say hello to Brigitta (@brikoba) the designer behind brikoba, and our Ribblr of the week!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi! I am Brigitta (or @brikoba) from Romania and I’m 40. I am a full-time accountant, a hobby crocheter and a crochet pattern designer. Although I’ve been crocheting for almost 10 years, I only recently started designing patterns. In these years I tried a little of everything, from scarfs to hats, shoes, bags and amigurumi. I’ve experimented with a lot of different stitches and patterns in different languages and written symbols. The most I enjoy crocheting are small size amigurumis.

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crafting when I was in elementary school, we had a handicraft class. After graduating from high school, I started beading, and then I had a new hobby almost every year: felting, quilling, resin jewelry, painting, sewing, knitting, kneading, polymer clay… I had surgery 10 years ago and my sister bought me a beanie crochet kit until I get better. Since then crocheting is my primary hobby.

And how did you start designing?
I wasn’t satisfied with the patterns on the market, so I decided to create my own. At the beginning, I only crocheted until I liked the final item, I didn’t write down the pattern. I started writing the patterns half a year ago.

Do you have a favourite craft type and if so - why?
Crocheting is clearly my favourite craft, it piqued my interest the most, maybe because you have to count.

What was the longest project you worked on?
My longest projects include crocheting sandals and shoes (without a pattern).

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
The shortest is a bookmark with a flower and leaf at the end.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
Now I’m working on ‘Animals of the World’ (2023 CAL patterns) which I’m a bit behind on. I have a SpongeBob started, only the nose is missing (for a friend’s child), there are more crocheted flowers that should be put together as a brooch… I would like to design an Easter pattern too.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I am proud of all my designs, but the Snowman the most.

Awesome!
What is your usual process of designing?
For instance, in “Animals of the World,” I chose the 12 creatures that best exemplified those characteristics and checked pictures and drawings for the animals’ colour and shape. I then decided on the size, type of hook, and yarn to use. Once I was satisfied with the parts, I began to crochet them. The crucial steps are noted and documented using photographs. I use the revised design to crochet the finished object while also taking photos or videos that I believe will help others comprehend the method.

What inspires you to create and design?
I am mostly inspired by nature, other crocheters and the internet.

Time for pop culture!
Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?

I love crime stories and thrillers, but now my favourite book is Atomic Habits by James Clear. I like symphonic and minimal music.

It’s Monday- care to share a funny story that happened to you recently? :sweat_smile:
Crafting is a difficult process, and you are almost never happy with the results. Most of the time, you are your own toughest critic. Your surroundings are also not always helpful. When I once crafted a cloud out of beans, my partner remarked, “What’s with this medusa?” I was so mad that I didn’t even talk to him all day!

That’s hilarious :joy:
We’d love to know - what is your favorite feature on Ribblr?

I like the pattern tester feature, you can track the process from the tester call to the end of testing.

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
check out @hopelifeamigurumi’s patterns, she has cheerful and lively patterns.

Thank you for sharing Brigitta! :purple_heart:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out brikoba’s shop now​:point_down:

21 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week! :partying_face::tada:

5 Likes

Congrats :heart: well deserved!

5 Likes

Congrats Brikoba! :tada::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Congratulations and thank you so much for the shout-out :partying_face::two_hearts::two_hearts:

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! :tada:

4 Likes

Congratulations ! I love your patterns!:white_heart::heart_hands:
Happy Go On GIF by Molang

3 Likes

Happy Great Job GIF by sendwishonline.com

4 Likes

Thank you all! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::balloon:ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ" You deserve it with all you do

3 Likes