Ribblr of the Week - Meet Coco 🏅

Say hello to Coco (@bunnysplush) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [Bunnysplush]

Hey! Happy to have you here, tell us a little about yourself.
Hello! I go by Coco online and I’m based in Canada. I literally LOVE crocheting plushies and my favorite animals are sloths :slight_smile: You may have seen some plushies with different styles, that’s because my sister also makes plushies and sometimes posts them to our Instagram!

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crafting during the pandemic, so around 2021. I was browsing in the store and saw this super cute lion crochet kit on sale, and knew I had to get it! On the label, it said it was suitable for kids and I’m pretty sure it was labelled as 5+, so I thought it’d be easy (it was not).

Since that was my first-ever project, it definitely did not turn out looking like a lion, but more like Groot haha. I’ve also seen so many TikToks with cute crochet plushies (especially the TikTok bee) during this time so that definitely piqued my interest, so I started to learn crocheting through YouTube videos!

And how did you start designing?
By following patterns from different creators, you pick up new stitches and learn new techniques which allowed me to gain a better understanding of how a pattern is worked up. Eventually, I started designing my own patterns!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
My favourite craft has to be crochet! You can make so many things out of it, my favourite being plushies of course. But I’ve made hats for my dog too! I’ve been obsessed with cute plushies since I was little, so making plushies myself is so rewarding and I can basically make anything out of a ball of yarn.

What was the longest project you worked on?
I’d have to say the yellow fluffy sheep I made! It was supposed to be a dinosaur at first but I wasn’t experienced with working with fluffy yarn. I couldn’t get the shape right so I decided to make a circle instead and it just turned into a sheep at the end with a lot of trial and error. It also included a lot of sewing which I’m super slow at.

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
My shortest project would have to be Knotjadedco’s Leggy Froggy! They work up so fast and turn out so cute!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I’m currently working on a Halloween pattern test. I’ve honestly lost count of how many WIPs I have at this point.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of? Share a picture!
I love creating chubby plushies, so I think my favourite make so far would be my chunky axolotl!

What is your usual process of designing?
Most of the time I just think of an idea in my head and recreate it using a yarn and hook. Sometimes I draw an idea out, but my end plushies don’t usually turn out like the initial sketch at all (just because my drawing skills aren’t good).

What inspires you to create/design?
I usually get inspired by cute plushies or illustrations. I’m also inspired by other artists on Instagram.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I don’t have a favourite but I’ve been listening to a lot of chill Lofi and Studio Ghibli playlists on YouTube! I’m also a huge Disney fan and love all classic Disney movies. I think my favourite Disney movie would be Tangled!

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
As someone who constantly loses count of which row I’m on, ribblr’s row checklist is a lifesaver, so that’s definitely my favorite feature!

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr

5 other designers I appreciate!
These are only some of my biggest inspirations! All of their work is insanely gorgeous!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out [Bunnysplush] and all of their amazing patterns!

21 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week :partying_face::tada:

9 Likes

This was super fun to read through! Congratulations! I hope I can be a ribblr of the week sometime haha!

6 Likes

Congrats your patterns are super cute!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::star_struck:

3 Likes

OMG! The axolotl is so cute! đź©·:heart_eyes::heart_hands:

3 Likes

I agree… I just added the axolotl to my wishlist to purchase later. I want to make your round sheep!! Do you have a pattern written for him??? I would definitely buy it immediately!!!

3 Likes

Such cute patterns! Congrats!

3 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Happy Marine Life GIF by pikaole

1 Like

I’m so glad you like it! I don’t have the pattern written down yet for the sheep, but I might release it in the future! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Omg i love your patterns! You definitely deserved ribblr of the week!

1 Like

coco!! i somehow just saw this but i had so much fun learning more about you and i am SO honored to make the list! :face_holding_back_tears:🫶🏼 i absolutely adore y’all’s work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: