Ribblr of the Week - Meet Fay-Rose 🏅

Say hello to Fay-Rose (@Itsfayfay4) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [Blooming Crochet Botique]

Tell us a little about yourself
Hello! If you don’t know me already, I’m Fay-Rose, the person behind @Itsfayfay4 and @blooming_crochet_botique (insta) :slightly_smiling_face: I am a Muslim young teen crocheter, but I have a few other hobbies as well! I love Marvel, drawing (but I’m not good at it lol), Sanrio and San-x, and just doing arts and crafts in general. Oh, and my favorite food is bread.

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crocheting when I was 7. What I mean by that is just chaining lol. But before that, I used to knit. Now I like crochet much better and picked it up again in 2021. My grandma taught me the basic stitches, and club crochet on YouTube taught me everything else (he’s the best person to start crocheting with!) and then I rolled on from there. I sold my things to my friends in year 6, now I realized how underpriced they were :sweat_smile: but that’s ok!

cover-rysv74x9

And how did you start designing?
I came onto this website because I saw that on pinterest there was the word ‘Ribblr’ everywhere. So I researched, and I was like ‘oh! this is cool’ and after that I saw people make patterns, I wanted to make my own. So I made my own patterns, tested other peoples patterns and now I’m contributing to this! I can’t believe it :smiley:

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I love crocheting as you all know hehe. I also like messy crafts out of recycled materials cause it is just so fun to see something fun come out of garbage! My favourite aspect of crochet is amigurumi because you get to make your own plushies! Especially when you see something you like in a claw machine, you can just make your own! However I do make a bag occasionally :>

What has been the most memorable project you worked on?
Definitely this rug!! I made it in late 2021 I think… I’m really proud of it!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I’m working on a spiderman cow, a polar bear and some other stuff but I can’t tell you guys because its a surprise :sparkles: :sparkles: lol. At the moment I roughly have about 5 wips that I would actually finish haha, I always start on something and then say ‘no point anymore.’

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
That’s a very hard question! I definitely have a few, but I will choose one.

What is your usual process of designing?
I always have a different way of designing my patterns every time! Most of the time I make the pattern as I go, but I don’t really draw anything proffesional cause I’m not that good. Sometimes I freehand something then read the stitches. I just do what I feel like doing~

What inspires you to create/design?
Ooh, good question. I kinda just think of the :sparkles: trend :sparkles: and then think of it in my mind. And also when I’m not allowed to buy something, like a blind box or plushie, I just make it myself! This amazing community helps me motivate myself and make more patterns and designs. Thank you all!

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I don’t really listen to music but I do like Le Sserafim! And… I’m not really a book worm either :sweat: but I really recommend any Marvel Movie especially Civil War, Doctor Strange and Infinity War! I really like dystopian movies, adventure movies, fantasy and supernatural!

Share a funny story!
Most of the funny things that happen to me are inside jokes, but in drama class I had to do a cringy play and I had to act as a weird kid who loves ‘dabbing’. And I also had to say ‘I need to pee’ about 1000 times. And it was in front of my whole class :skull:

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
My favorite features on Ribblr is the efficient ribbuild and testing feature! It makes it so easy rather than messaging the testers personally. Especially the new ‘testing 2.0’ makes it even MORE easier so I can see peoples progress! Keep up the good stuff, Ribblr!

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
First of all, I’d like to thank my best friend @yarnivorecrochets !! She was my very first friend on Ribblr and we share the same interests! (although she is obsessed with Killua), but she helped me grow so much on Instagram and she inspired me! I’d also like to thank @Elaya, and all the ‘cow crew.’ And also big thanks to my BESTIES @binka @chunkyy (they’re very funny and talented)

Thanks so much for being here this week Fay-Rose, it’s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out [Blooming crochet botique]

37 Likes

yayyy!!!

12 Likes

Aw thx fay<3

7 Likes

Omg Fay congratsss!!:tada::tada:

6 Likes

Congrats Fayfay!!!

6 Likes

CONGRATS FAYYY :partying_face: You totally deserve this, your patterns are so amazing and your such a great friend <3

9 Likes

Wow congrats Fay! :tada::tada:

6 Likes

OMGGGGG congratsssssss fayyyyy

6 Likes

YASSSSS FAYYYYYYY! THE PICTURE WAS SLAYYYYYYY!!! I READ THE WHOLE THINK AND I LOVED IT!!! (full sentence)

7 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!

6 Likes

thanky ou growth :)))

6 Likes

HEHE lM SO SLAY

6 Likes

wooo, congrats Fay!! your patterns r so cute :sob: <33

5 Likes

Congrats!! I love you patterns

5 Likes

congrats fay! i’m so proud of you fr, keep up the great work

4 Likes

congrats on ribblr of the week fay!!! :heart_hands::raccoon:

4 Likes

Congratulations girly

3 Likes

tysm @notmimi @LittleRaindrxp

2 Likes

tysm chonkayyyy

1 Like

thanks bonks :sob: (0.6mm brain, grahlie, mature and 15)

2 Likes