Ribblr of the Week: Meet Freya! 🏅

Say hello to Freya (@freyascreations), an amazing designer and our Ribblr of the week!

Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi! I’m Freya from @freyas__creations on Instagram and I am a self taught crochet artist and designer. I am soon to be 18 years old and I live in the UK. I have an adorable cat called Ronnie and he is the most perfect little boy ever!! I don’t really have any other hobbies, just crochet but that is a lifestyle at this point, lol. I am in college and I’m on Level 3 furniture making. I also have a youtube channel where I show you how to make my free patterns!

When did you start crafting and how?
I’ve enjoyed crafts for as long as I can remember. I have always loved to create things. I would draw with my nan and she would teach me how to draw in her style,she is my biggest inspiration when it comes to art and things I make today. In junior school I was a part of a knitting group at lunch times and we would all make squares which would then be sewn together to make a blanket and donated to care homes. But I didn’t start crocheting until 3 years ago during the first covid lockdown as a way to pass the time and I never would have imagined making a business out of it and making my own patterns for others to use.

And how did you start designing?
I started designing by reading and using written patterns. Once I got better at crocheting I would make freehanded items and wanted to share them. I surprisingly grasped abbreviations really quickly and how patterns were written and layed out. A lot of my designs have come straight from my brain while being in a class,I always make a little sketch of my ideas and then would eventually make them.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Obviously my favourite craft type is crocheting. I started doing it when i was in a really dark and hard time in my life,i was struggling with really bad anxiety and it has helped so so much. It was and still is a way for me to escape everyday things and just focus on something. It can be extremely therapeutic too, other than when you have to frog the entire thing :confused:

I just love that you can make so many different things like plushies,clothes,decor, etc… And wearing out a piece of clothing you just made just feels sooooo good,aha .

What was the longest project you worked on?

The longest project I have worked on probably has to be my red and white granny square cardigan or my first long,cardigan which was made of squares that took SOOOOOO long. I will probably take it apart and shorten it. lol. And probably my kuromi cardigan i made too but she was so worth it!!

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
The shortest project must be my mini bees. They are just so quick and easy to make!!! If you haven’t got the pattern already you should definitely get it. IT’S FREE!!!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
Surprisingly i only have one current wip,all crocheters will definitely think i am lying right now lol. But i’m currently making loads of granny squares for a PROJECT but i don’t want to say because;

1. I probably won’t finish it

2. I’ll probably abandon it and forget it

3. It’ll probably turn into something else.

Knowing me i’ll probably start a brand new project today,aha :joy:

But i did just finish a big bag for myself which i will definitely be using this summer and i just finished a white and purple checkered bag which I also lined so it can be used without it stretching. I highly recommend learning how to line bags!

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of? Share a picture
I think one thing I am extremely proud of is my giraffe pattern!! Which you can get 50% off all week!! Its super easy and beginner friendly if you know the basics of amigurumi making.

And i think the other piece i am really proud of is my kuromi cardigan!! It took forever to make and I had to make a graph for it and that took so long.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
My favourite song ever has to be Summer night city by ABBA. I am an insanely huge ABBA fan and i do plan on going to ABBA voyage​:crossed_fingers:

A really good book I read is One summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan. She is my favourite author ever! Her books are so easy to read and they just flow so easily,especially her christmas books.

A great film to watch is anything star wars :joy: But I’m forever obsessed with Moulin Rouge and both mamma mia movies! Also i highly recommend you go to see mamma mia the musical on the west end if you live in the UK. It was the best day of my entire life!!!

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
Probably, just how easy it is to add and make a pattern. And probably how you can cross out rows you’ve already done so you don’t lose track of what you have done or repeat a row accidentally.

Finally pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I would like to give a shout out to @stitchesbyale!

I have worked with her on pattern tests and she is so lovely and makes the easiest and most beautiful patterns! My favourite has to be The Cat and Moon Pouch!!!

Thank you so much for sharing! :purple_heart:

Don’t forget to check out the Freya Creations shop​:point_down:

Want more?
Check out our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

22 Likes

congrats on ribblr of the week! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Happy Cartoon GIF by Molang

6 Likes

Congrats on the ROTW

5 Likes

Congratulations Congrats GIF by Goldfish

4 Likes

Share Discover GIF

4 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!! Oh I remember I used your giraffe pattern for my sister’s graduation gift!!!

2 Likes

Party Love GIF by sendwishonline.com

4 Likes

Congrats!

4 Likes

congrats!

4 Likes

Celebrate Star Wars GIF by Disney+

3 Likes

Congrats! So proud of you​:blush: thank you so much for the shoutout you’re so sweet :heart: @freyascreations

2 Likes

Awww thank you!! I’m so glad to hear that :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you’re very welcome :two_hearts:

2 Likes