Ribblr of the Week: Meet Ines! 🏅

Say hello to Ines (@tulipyarncrafts) - our Ribblr of the week and the designer behind Tulip Yarn!

Hi! Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi, My name is Ines, I’m 24, and I’m an architecture graduate, my last year in architecture school was very difficult I had to step away from architecture for some time, and crocheting and designing amigurumis helped me deal with it. My Instagram is @tulipyarncrafts if you’d like to see more of my creations!

When did you start crafting and how?
I have always loved crafting, I was so young when I started learning macrame from Youtube. Then my mom thought me how to knit when I was in high school, A few years later I became interested in embroidery and then finally learned how to crochet in my second year of architecture school. Crochet is the craft that lasted with me for the longest time.

And how did you start designing?
I started designing right after graduation, I needed to put my mind to something creative, I had been making amigurumis for some time so as soon as I had some free time I started making my designs and it’s been a little more than a year now.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Crochet! More precisely amigurumis, It is the craft that stayed with me the longest, I tend to change my hobbies a lot but my love for making amigurumis never changed.

What was the longest project you worked on?
My longest project has to be my first ever knitted scarf I made back when in my first year of architecture school.

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
The shortest one is my little Boo the ghost, it is small and very fun to make.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I have been working on a tote bag for way longer than I like to admit, I am also working on a little deer (Pattern by Hainchan ) and I’m designing some new patterns that I’ll release soon.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
Dino the dinosaur is the pattern I’m most proud of. I was inspired by an old cartoon I watched when I was a kid and I love how the pattern turned out.

What is your usual process of designing?
Once I decide on creating an idea I make a board with all my inspirations and take all the final decisions about the shape, the details, and the size, then I either make a quick sketch or write down how everything is going to be and then I start designing and trying multiple prototypes until I get what I want.

What inspires you to create?
I am always thinking of new ideas and writing down lists of amigurumis I want to create but the process of creating and writing the pattern can be so long that sometimes it takes months to get to create an idea. When I have an idea I usually look online for illustrations, photography, and art around my idea to get inspiration for the details.

Time for pop culture! Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I don’t have a favorite show or movie of all time. Friends is my comfort show I rewatch it now and then when crocheting. Other than Friends I prefer the mystery genre, I recently watched The Wilds and loved it so much, so sad season 3 was canceled.

Care to share a funny story that happened to you recently?
I have needle phobia and lately, I had to do some blood tests. I have been pushing my appointment for so long and finally dared to go. I was so scared and shaking and as soon as the needle touched me I fainted LOL my sister laughed so hard. :syringe:

We feel for you!
We’d love to know - what is your favorite feature on Ribblr?

Ribbuild! It is very helpful and makes it easier for both the designer and the maker!

Finally, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
I love @stitchingwithsab patterns they are all so adorable!

Thank you for sharing! :purple_heart:

Check out Tulip Yarn shop :point_down:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

28 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the week! @tulipyarncrafts :tada:

8 Likes

Congratulations!!

8 Likes

Congratulations,!!!

9 Likes

Congrats on ROTW @tulipyarncrafts !! I’m sorry about the needle/blood test situation, I feel for you! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Congratulationssss :yarn::heart::blush:

5 Likes

Congrats

4 Likes

Congrats! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Congratulations!!

4 Likes