Ribblr of the Week: Meet Jadrian! 🏅

Say hello to Jadrian (@jadrian) - our Ribblr of the week and the designer behind Knot Jaded Co!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Jadrian, live in northern California and I’m 27. I love to spoil my two kitty babies- Peanut and Gilbert. I’ve been married to my hunny for 5 years and we love supporting each other’s business dreams and goals. I just quit my office job in June to pursue my crochet business full time!

When did you start crafting and how?
I started out knitting when I was 13 when a family member gifted me a ball of yarn and a pair of knitting needles. I loved knitting tiny animals and other amigurumi. A lot of amigurumi patterns that I wanted to make were crochet so finally I caved and asked my grandma to teach me at the beginning of 2021.

And how did you start designing?
I started designing when I wanted to explore more innovative and efficient ways to crochet animals. I notice I lose interest or get frustrated when there are lots of parts to sew on animals- especially when after I sewed them on everything was uneven! I design to save time and your brain cells!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Totally. Crochet! Knitting will be my first love but I fell hard for crochet. I love the versatility and ease of crochet. Endless possibilities with a ball of yarn and a hook!

What was the longest project you worked on?
My longest project was probably this little sofa that I knitted like 10 years ago. It had about a dozen different pieces to sew together and it even had some diamond colorwork interworked into it. I can’t even guess how many hours I spent on that thing. It turned out pretty cute though!

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
My fastest projects are probably my Baby Froggys. I can finish one in probably 15-20 minutes.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
I’m starting my first blanket! I never thought I’d actually make a blanket but I saw Jamy Lyn’s Meadow Harvest blanket and I fell in love. I’m waiting to get some more yarn for this but I promised myself I’m finishing it! My other WIPs are some Floweralls (they got put on the backburner), a flamingo lovie, and chocolate milk cow.

Which of your makes are you most proud of?
Right now I’m most proud of my Potted Plant Pals! They are completely no-sew and I used some really innovative techniques for the cactus arms and flower leaves to make them no-sew. I experimented a lot to make sure they fit just right into the clay pots and I even designed a crocheted pot version that sits pretty flat!

What inspires you to create/design?
I crochet for my inner child and love expressing myself through crochet! My heart melts when kids, teenagers and adults express how happy my creations make them feel. I just want to bring sunshine and happiness into everyone’s life! A big inspiration to me is the show Adventure Time. The characters are simple yet so unique, not to mention how wholesome and awesome that show is. I could live in that world.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
Right now I’m loving Queen and 80’s jams. They seem to get me out of my funk or keep my motivated to shake it while doing chores around the house!

We love Queen!
Care to share a funny story that happened to you recently?

At my last market event, there was these two little boys that were so excited at my booth, they were both yelling questions at me about my work- “How old do you have to be to crochet?!” and other hilarious questions about my work. I couldn’t even answer because they were both asking questions at the same time and I was trying not to die laughing. At the end of the event, they came to me and said “Hey, remember us? It’s Peter and Joey.” Like I didn’t remember them from 30 minutes ago. I let them pick something left over and then they came back with a third brother to pick something out, and some exciting news. Peter says “You wouldn’t believe what our mom has for you! GOAT SOAP!” I died and accepted the glorious goat soap.

That’s hilarious! :joy:
We’d love to know - what is your favorite feature on Ribblr?

I love how you can keep track of your pattern progress by just tapping on the row and it crosses it off for you! It’s fantastic not needing a row counter or a notepad to keep track. So innovative!

Finally - pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love Fibres_of_ Whimsy’s patterns! Especially her mallard designs, her passion is definitely expressed in her work. Her style is so unique, I know her work without even seeing her username.

Thank you for sharing! :purple_heart:

Check out Knot Jaded Co shop :point_down:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

31 Likes

Congrats! :clap:

10 Likes

wow i love the frog! congrats!!!

10 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!! I love your Goat Soap story :joy::grin:

9 Likes

Congratulations!

9 Likes

Congrats! :tada::partying_face::tada:

8 Likes

Congratulations!! :tada:

7 Likes

You are are honestly so inspirational I’m 12 and I would love in the future for crochet to be my full time job <3. Also congrats on the ROTW :tada: :tada:

8 Likes

congrats!

6 Likes

Party Love GIF by sendwishonline.com

6 Likes

Congrats girl :heart: i love the frog aha, the long arms. it looks so cuddly

4 Likes