Ribblr of the Week - Meet Jazmine 🏅

Say hello to Jazmine (@Kitsune22)- our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind Kitsune.Crochets

Tell us a little about yourself
Hello! My name is Jazmine, I’m 20 years old and I live in Jalisco, México. I’ve been crocheting for almost 4 years now! I love designing cute amigurumi patterns. I also like to spend my time cooking/baking, as well as going on long walks and hikes.

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crocheting when I was 17, by watching YouTube tutorials for amigurumi. My first project I finished was an octopus! After that I kept on crocheting and haven’t stopped since.

And how did you start designing?
My love for designing patterns started a year ago, I made my first concept drawing for Sprout the Coffee Bear. After designing my first crochet pattern I knew I wanted to make patterns for others to enjoy. Seeing your ideas come to life gives me a great sense accomplishment!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Crocheting and drawing are my favorite crafts. Recently I have been drawing more, I really like to draw out all my crochet patterns and customize them even more. It also gives me inspiration for future crochet projects.

What has been the most memorable project you worked on?
I really enjoyed making Fishy, the cat with fish hat by @pandie
As well as Puffy dress-up kitty by @knottymeow
These projects were so fun to make and I love displaying them on my desk/shelves.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I currently have about 7 wips! I know that’s a lot! Some are by other great creators that I’m excited to finish. I’m also currently working on filming the process of making some of my patterns for others to watch, so I have lots of crochet pieces everywhere.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
Definitely my newest Trick or Treat costume animal bundle I just dropped. I love Halloween and Fall, so I had to make a bunch of patterns! The whole process took about 4 months and now that it’s released I’m very proud of how everything turned out. I’m currently working on different color combos for them because they’re so cute!

What is your usual process of designing?
I start by deciding the bases of what I want to make, like what type of animal and how I want it to be positioned. After that I like to draw out different designs and versions of what I’m thinking and start adding in the smaller details. Going slow and steady really helps me with my creativity. I have a whole collection of different themes and designs that I write down to look at when I need inspiration for my next pattern.

What inspires you to create/design?
For me it’s cute Japanese themed amigurumi. My favorite mythical creature is a Kitsune which is a nine-tailed fox and is also the inspiration for my shop name!
One of my goals in life is to travel there and create patterns and take beautiful photos with my crochet plushies<3

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I love Aurora Aksnes, I have listened to her music for the longest time and I think her work is very touching. My favorites are “Everything Matters ft. Pomme” and “Exhale Inhale”.
I also really like to listen to Instramental music on YouTube when crocheting, its a great way to relax after a long day.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I love how simple it is to write up patterns and host tester calls!
All the tools for writing patterns makes everything extremely easy especially when you have intricate patterns with a lot of details and instructions. I can keep track of everything and fix any mistakes.
Making tester calls and hosting them in the group chat is also very easy!

Share a funny story that happened to you recently!
I recently made another yarn purchase and wanted to make some squeezable bubble blowing animals. I purchased the inserts but when I received my order I ended up with sqeekers instead hahaa. So I made my dog a little chicken bone toy.

Who are some designers you would like to give a shoutout to?
@Itsfayfay4 @binka @sunshinestudio
All have the cutest patterns! And are very nice<3 I definitely recommend you check out all their work!
Forest sprites by @Scarletskies: these patterns are so unique! I loved making them.
Onesie bundle by @windrisescrochet: another great pattern that I can’t get enough of!

Thanks so much for being here this week Jazmine, it’s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out Kitsune.Crochets

28 Likes

congrats on ribblr of the week @Kitsune22 I was your 1700th shop follower :0 all of your makes are so cute also!

3 Likes

Aww congrats! @Kitsune22

3 Likes

Congrats @Kitsune22 !! I love your patterns!
I also love those aurora songs- such a vibe :D

4 Likes

Congratulations :tada: @Kitsune22 you have the cute patterns in your shop :blush:

3 Likes

OMG congrats @Kitsune22 I love testing for you!!

2 Likes

Congratulations @Kitsune22 ! Your patterns are so kawaii! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week!

4 Likes

Congrats Jazmine!! :heart: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

congrats on rotw!! your patterns are some of my favorites!!

2 Likes

OMG CONGRATS @Kitsune22 !! UR SO PRETTY AHHHH and thank u for shoutouttt

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the support!! You’re all so nice! :face_holding_back_tears::heart_hands:

2 Likes

OMGGGGG CONGRATS ON RIBBLR OF THE WEEK! All your patterns are so cute :sob: :place_of_worship: :sparkles: ! Aurora is the best, I’m obsessed with Run Away ! ALSO TYSMMM FOR THE SHOUTOUT :scream: :hearts: :sob: !

2 Likes