Ribblr of the Week - Meet Julie 🏅

Say hello to Julie (@Kawaiicuddlebug) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [Kawaiicuddlebug]

Hi! Happy to have you here, tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Julie! AKA Kawaiicuddlebug! I’m an artist, mom, and lover of all things CUTE!

When did you start crafting and how?
I began making amigurumi in 2013. I’ve always scribbled down patterns for my designs but started officially doing it in 2022. Inspiring others to create cuteness with my patterns is truly the best feeling!

And how did you start designing?
My favorite type of craft is amigurumi! I love toys, dolls, and plushies. Being able to invent and create them is my magical power! My second favorite craft is working on my dollhouse.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I’m always working on an amigurumi project, whether it’s brainstorming a new pattern or pattern testing for fellow designers. I have too many ideas and WIPs to mention!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I’m always working on an amigurumi project, whether it’s brainstorming a new pattern or pattern testing for fellow designers. I have too many ideas and WIPs to mention!

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I’m most proud of my Flipsy the Froggy pattern! It’s my most successful pattern and I love how simple and beginner friendly it is. (& It’s a free pattern on Ribblr!)

What is your usual process of designing?
My design process goes like this: As soon as I have a brilliant idea, I start crocheting immediately! My notebooks are full of pattern scribbles and concept doodles. I take pictures as I go along and build the pattern. Once I’m finished, I post a tester call to help make sure that everything is correct and works out.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
My favorite tv show is Fruits Basket! The book I’m currently reading is Legends and Lattes. My favorite movie is The Secret World of Arriety.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
One of my favorite Ribblr features is the giveaway feature! I love being able to randomly giveaway my patterns to my followers!

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
A few of my favorite fellow Ribblr designers and their patterns are:

Thanks so much for being here this week Julie, it’s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out [Kawaiicuddlebug]

30 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week @Kawaiicuddlebug :partying_face::tada:

6 Likes

Congratulations. Love your patterns @Kawaiicuddlebug :heart: :frog:

4 Likes

Congrats!

4 Likes

Congratulations on Ribblr of the week!! :partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Congrats @Kawaiicuddlebug !!
your patterns are so CUTE :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Thank you so much!:two_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks!!:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!🫶🏻

2 Likes

Congratulations on earning this title!!! This is so amazing, I love your patterns so much! They are super cute :black_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations @Kawaiicuddlebug!!! Your patterns are so amazing!! Ive bought a couple before :blush::revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

congrats!!! your patterns are so cute!

1 Like

Thank you!:two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!🫶🏻

2 Likes

Congratulations @Kawaiicuddlebug ! My daughter and I love your patterns, they are so adorable and creative! :heart:

2 Likes

I love your patterns so much @Kawaiicuddlebug their so cute!

1 Like

It’s so nice to read and get to know other designers in this space! :smiling_face:

1 Like

It is so awesome to get to know you!!! I came back to ribblr just for that, i have followed you on IG for a while and love your art!!! Hehe so does my granddaughter :blush: