Ribblr of the Week - Meet KC 🏅

Say hello to KC (@kcities) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [Kcities]

image02

This week we are doing something a little differently - a birthday shoutout! @knotmichelle has nominated this amazing artist and we get to hear her rave about them from their point of view :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
image01 (1)

Introduce your birthday nominee!
I am here to nominate @kcities! Happy belated birthday, pookie bear! She is more like my internet sister than anything and I’m so grateful to have met her through this wonderful community! She is the absolute sweetest person ever and not to mention her talents when it comes to both crochet and digital art! ‎٩(⸝⸝ᵕᴗᵕ⸝⸝)و̣̩⋆̩

How did you come to meet this other like minded creative?
She reached out to me first and I couldn’t be more grateful! Honestly, I am really bad with communication but when she reach out, we automatically clicked. KC was so sweet and out friendship kind of began when she crocheted my little icon! We literally talk every single day and she makes me so happy. We’ve done so many other things and I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for the both of us! (ง ˃ ³ ˂)ว ⁼³₌₃⁼³

What about their creative style are you drawn to?
KC always puts so much effort and details in everything she makes. She never surprises me with all the details and her creative process! Also all of her posts are absolutely amazing, they are the highlight to my day whenever I see something she makes (´꒳`)

What kind of impact have they had on you?
She is basically my sister at this point. I don’t talk to anyone else as much as I do with her and she’s opened my up and made me feel comfortable to be myself. Even though we live in 2 completely different places, she never fails to put a smile on my face (。˃ ᵕ ˂ *)

If you had to describe their creativity / style in 3 words, what would they be?
I can write a whole paragraph on this, but if I can only choose 3 words it would be: outta this world :heart:〜٩(˃▿˂)۶〜:heart:

What is a project of theirs that made you feel proud?
I’m honestly so proud of each and everyone of her plushies, like she just goes above and beyond! KC usually sends the process of her work to me to I get to see all of her thinking process and I couldn’t feel more proud seeing each of her ideas come to life in her posts! ٩(˵˃̶ω˂̶˵)◞

If you had to pick one place in the world to craft with KC, where would it be and why?
If I could go anywhere with kc, it would definitely be Japan! We’ve actually talked about it because of how cute everything is, but quickly realized we have no monies… ( ̄^ ̄)ゞI think it would be so fun to just go on an adventure, see what they have, and make some great memories! :heart:⸜(˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝

Where does KC draw inspiration from?
I get so surprised every time she says I’m her inspiration o(TヘTo) Whenever she’s stuck, she asks me for my opinion and I couldn’t me more honoured! She also takes inspiration from so many cute characters as well it’s so cool to see everything she makes! (๑•́o•̀๑)/

Is there a piece of media (tv show, movie, music) they’ve recommended to you that you want to thank them for?
We actually both have pretty similar tastes, so I’d watch anything she recommends when I have the time! A couple shows she recommended that I really enjoyed are “Apple Sugar Fairy” and “Mob Psycho 100!” They’re such amazing anime and kept me entertained while crocheting ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶

What are some encouraging words you have for their new year? (And that anyone could use!)
Keep continuing what makes you happy and never hesitate reaching out whenever you need something! So many people around are so grateful for you and keep being yourself! ★>d(,・ε ≦*,)⌒☆

What are some memorable moments you had with them?
We honestly have so many inside jokes, it would be hard to say them all. One thing that always happens when I’m typing is autocorrect so there’s definitely been some weird conversations (-∧-;) Another memorable moment is when I crocheted her cat mascot! It’s so cute and I know it’s so special to her as well! ̋(๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)

Thanks so much for sharing such a great artist, Michelle! We are so happy to meet KC and all her lovely work and shop.

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Do you have a Ribblr creator you want to nominate and write about? Message us!

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out [kcities] and all of their amazing patterns!

21 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the week! :smiley:

6 Likes

@kcities
Awesome Job GIF by Punchcard

What a great idea @Ribblr!

7 Likes

congrats @kcities! (this is blooming_crochet_botique from ig btw :smiley:

7 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week! This sounds like such a fun idea :smile:

5 Likes

Your patterns are so adorable! Congratulations on Ribblr of the week! <3

3 Likes

This was such a cute feature, everyone deserves friends like this! :purple_heart:

5 Likes