Ribblr of the Week - Meet Keira 🏅

Say hello to Keira (@lunarcrochett) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [Lunar Crochet]

Tell us a little about yourself
Hello! I’m Keira, and I’m the owner of my small business Lunar Crochet! I am a (mostly) self taught, left handed crocheter. I run my outside business on Facebook with the help of my family. I sell some of my finished projects and makes, ready or custom made locally. I have been crocheting for 5+ years and started my business back in December of 2022.

When did you start crafting and how?
I’ve always been super crafty my whole life. My mother got me into drawing and painting when I was younger, and that stayed with me for a long time. She ended up getting me a crochet kit for Christmas one year, and that’s how it all started. I immediately picked it up, and started making smaller things to get myself started, then slowly moved to amigurumi.

And how did you start designing?
I started designing back in early 2023, and I was really inspired by @ComplicatedKnots on YouTube. Everything about her work was so inspiring to me, the writing process, and the amazing designs she further produced. I worked my way to designing free small patterns of popular items, for those who may not be able to buy them.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I mostly love traditional crochet above all, the versatility and flexibility to make anything with a lot of ease is amazing. However, I’ve also had a love for Tunisian Crochet recently. I haven’t had much time to practice Tunisian, but the garments made with the technique are absolutely stunning and beautiful.

What has been the most memorable project you worked on?
I think that my most memorable project was the first granny hexagon cardigan I made. It took me about a week, and it was my first ever clothing piece, and I’m still so happy with how it turned out. It was definitely a milestone for me since I mainly crochet plushies.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
As of the recent, I have not been super busy crocheting lately. It’s been taking a lot of time and energy to crochet and design super frequently. (I promise there will be more patterns coming soon!) However, I am currently working on a St. Patrick’s Day themed cat for a returning local customer of mine! As far as WIPS go, I have a few stashed, and I’m thinking around 3-4.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I think am most proud of anything I really make with acrylic yarn. I don’t use it as much as I’d like to, as it’s more time consuming and tedious for me. (I mostly use blanket yarn) Two of my more recent projects that I’m proud of;

(Pattern by @Scarletskies)

(Pattern by @onecentcrochet)

What is your usual process of designing?
My usual process of designing is first coming up with an idea of what I want to achieve and bring to life. I highly enjoy making variations of specific animals/things. (Ex. holiday/themed turtles) I typically sketch out my design and jump into fully experimenting by starting the crochet process right away. This process usually allows me to edit and alternate between things as I go, and it works well for me!

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
This is such a hard question, because I have so many recommendations, I could go on for hours. If anything, I love music and I’m always looking for new artists. I love Laufey, (She has such a calming voice) and Ariana Grande, (eternal sunshine is one of my new favorite albums!!) I’m also an avid reader, and enjoy YA contemporaries or romances. Some of my favorites are The Summer I turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han, and The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

Share a funny story that happened to you recently!
I was walking with a bag full of chocolates to make Valentine’s day chocolates and a guy tried to sell chocolates in English thinking I didn’t speak Spanish, 1 for $80 and 2 for $100.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
My favorite feature on Ribblr is the ability to edit and publish my patterns so easily. Personally, the platform and layout is extremely simple to use, and has only allowed me to put my patterns out so my easier. I also love the availability to publish free designs (Like I do!) at zero cost. It’s so much easier to manage designing for myself and others.

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
Some of my favorite designers are;

I could list so many more, but these are a few designers that have inspired me with their amazing patterns/designs. Thank you so much for your work!

Thanks so much for being here this week Keira, it’s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out [Lunar Crochet]

26 Likes

CONGRATS LUNARRR :partying_face::partying_face::sparkles: you totally deserve it c:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! <3

4 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week! :partying_face::tada:

3 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Congrats lunar!!! Im so prouddd

3 Likes

Thank you Omni!!! <33

2 Likes

CONGRATS :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: !!!l!!!

3 Likes

LUNARR??? OMG CONGRATSSS <333 hehe

2 Likes

WOOO CONGRATS<333​:tada::tada: :tada:

1 Like

THANK YOUU! x

3 Likes

Thank youuu!!! <3

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Whoo hoooo! Congratulations @lunarcrochett :heart: