Ribblr of the Week: Meet MathildešŸ…

Say hello to our Ribblr of the Week: Mathilde! (aka @crochetpinkpumpkin)

Hey Mathilde, please tell us a little about yourself. :wave:
My name is Mathilde, Iā€™m 29 years old and Iā€™m a French crochet blogger. I have lived back and forth between France and the US since 2015 and just decided to settle down near Salt Lake City, Utah. What matters the most in my life are my husband, my family ( that I miss a lot ), my dog, Waffle and my bunny, Muffin and CROCHET !

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crocheting in 2018, because my husband and I were living very far from each other and I bought a crochet kit to make him a teddy bear and surprised him by mail. Then, I kept crocheting little projects when I had time while working full-time.
I really started getting serious about creating my blog when I quit my job thinking that I will get my green card to join my husband in a few months. But it actually didnā€™t go as fast as we thought it would ( covid caused a lot of delays ) and I ended up being at my parentā€™s house with no job, no apartment and no husband. At that time of waiting and being upset, I understood how much crochet brought light and happiness to my life and decided to start sharing my patterns.

And how did you start designing?
One day, I wanted to make a big elephant but couldnā€™t find a pattern that I liked so I just decided to make my own. I really enjoyed trying different stitches that ended up giving different shapes and expressions to my elephant. I liked the whole process of it from finding the right yarn to trying different combinations of stitches to create my dream stuffed toy.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Crocheting is definitely my favorite but I also enjoy knitting, customizing clothes and number painting.

What was the longest project you worked on?
My moumoute bag

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
Little pumpkins for Halloween

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
I am working on a new stuffed animal and a new bag. I feel that I really need to have a clear mind when I am making a new pattern so I try not to have too many wip at the same time.

Which of your makes or designs are you most proud of?
My moumoute bag

What is your usual process of designing?
First, I ā€˜ā€™ draw ā€˜ā€™ my project ( very bad drawings lol but it gives me an idea of the proportions ). Then, I go on every yarn website and look for the perfect yarn that will give the visual and texture result that I need. After that, I start crocheting different shapes until I get the result that I want. At the same time, I write all the stitches that I use during the tests. That way when I get what I want I have the pattern already written. Then, I edit the pattern, test it myself twice, and send it to the testers. I also film the tutorial, take all the pictures, design the visuals and finally post it on my channels :slight_smile: Best moment ever !

What inspires you to create or design?
Daily life is a source of inspiration for me, I like paying attention to what people wear and what items are popular in stores. Because I mostly make bags and stuffed animals, I read fashion magazines and watch some runways but you can also find me in a toy store looking for the latest trendy plushie.

Time for some pop culture! Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
Very cliche but my favorite movie is Titanic. As a lot of Europeans born in the 90ā€™s my favorite songs are ā€˜ā€™ Blue ā€˜ā€™ from Eiffel 65 and ā€˜ā€™ Another Night ā€˜ā€™ for Real McCoy. I listen to every single remix as if it was a whole new song !

Da ba dee da ba di! :blue_heart:
Itā€™s Monday! Care to share a funny story that happened to you recently? :sweat_smile:

Two weeks ago, I was looking for a specific yarn so I called my local Michaelā€™s store to ask them if they had it. Because of my accent, the lady thought I was asking her for ā€˜ā€™ yam ā€˜ā€™ and she told me ā€˜ā€™ Maā€™am we are at Michaelā€™s here we donā€™t sell yam ā€˜ā€™. I had to spell the word for her to understand that I was looking for yarn. We both laughed so much about it when I went to pick it up.

Thatā€™s hilarious!
Weā€™d love to know - what is your favorite feature on Ribblr?

I really love the countdown (Dropping Soon) feature, it really gives visibility to the pattern before itā€™s even posted.

Finally, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
I love curiouspapayaā€™s (@curiouspapaya) creations, she is also an extremely kind human being.

Thank you so much for sharing! :purple_heart:

Check out the CrochetPinkPumpkin shopā€‹:point_down:

Want more?
Check out our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badgeā€‹:medal_sports:)

15 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week @crochetpinkpumpkin :partying_face::tada: also that yam story :smile::sweet_potato::yarn:

1 Like

Congrats on ROTW!

1 Like

Happy Fun GIF by sendwishonline.com

2 Likes