Ribblr of the week: meet Noorain (aka Noor's Knits) 🏅

Hi Ribblrs!
Each week we feature a different member of our community, so we can all get to know each other a little better :purple_heart:

Click here if you want to be our next Ribblr of the week 🤩

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and win our special Ribblr of the week gold badge? :medal_sports: Send us a message!

This week we are delighted to be featuring Noorain (@Noorsknits), the designer behind Noor’s Knits. Comment below to share some love!

e56f7f0f6f8e52814c0c458246626897f12da7c8_2_500x500

Hey Noorain! Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m Noorain, the knit and Tunisian crochet designer behind Noor’s Knits. I’m a Canadian and originally from Hyderabad, India. I live in Cleveland, OH with my husband and four-year-old son. He is my inspiration for most of my designs. I have over 40 patterns for moms and children in my shops.

When did you start crafting and how?
I started knitting in 2010 when my aunt taught me. At the time, I didn’t think much of it but I think it really helped me cope with my dad’s loss.

What is your favorite type of craft and why?
Currently, my favorite craft is Tunisian crochet. I feel like there are so many fun stitches and techniques. I am always learning new things!

What was the longest project you worked on?
Probably my temperature blanket I completed in 2019!

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
I think the shortest project I’ve completed is probably velvet crochet scrunchies!

Which of your designs you are most proud of?
I am most proud of my Tunisian Tinsel Romper and my Serene Simplicity Poncho (designed exclusively for Darn Good Yarn).
1723712e93f6ca0de7d025a7b5067fe786e71478_2_500x500

Pay it forward - your shoutout for a fellow Ribblr
My friend Rebekah from Rebekah Haas Crochet!

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
My favorite feature on Ribblr is the media linking function since you don’t have to leave the page and videos/pictures just pop up right next to the step!

What’s your favorite Noor’s Knits design? :yarn:

13 Likes

My favorite design of yours is actually the Tunisian Tinsel Romper. It’s so cute and looks very comfortable!
Lovely to learn more about you @Noorsknits :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for featuring me! It means a lot! If anyone is interested, I’m wearing a faux fur design soon to be released by my friend @by.stephanie.erin on Instagram (I was lucky enough to test for her). Sorry I forgot to mention above!

Thanks again for the feature!

Sincerely,
Noorain

4 Likes

My favourite of Noor’s knit patterns is the Bubsy Bunny!
It’s so cute!!! :rabbit:

3 Likes

Wonderful to meet you @Noorsknits !

Sory to read about losing your dad, but isn’t it wonderful that crafting helped you through.

You have lovely designs in your shop ! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for your kind words Marjan :heart:!

3 Likes

It’s nice to know more about you @Noorsknits! My favorite design of yours is the Bobblelicious Ear Warmer. The stitches are beautiful!

4 Likes

Thank you so much Mike!

2 Likes

Mikke*

3 Likes

So happy for you, Noorain! Nice to know more about you. I’m loving Tunisian Crochet so much right now! :heart_eyes: :smiley:

5 Likes