Ribblr of the Week - Meet Oksana 🏅

Say hello to Oksana (@AmigurumiJoys)- our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind AmigurumiJoys

Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Oksana. I was born and raised in Ukraine. Now I live in Poland. I'm a happy mother of 2 wonderful sons. I'm an economist by education.

When did you start crafting and how? And how did you start designing?
I started my adventure with amigurumi in 2017. The first toy I made was a little crocheted mouse. What I liked most was not the toy, but the process of creation and the delight of my son. It was unforgettable!!!

And I wanted more… After improving my crochet skills with many guides, books and videos in 2019 I decided to start writing patterns for my toys so others can enjoy making them just as much as I do! Making and designing toys is my way of making people happy and bringing joy to the world!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Before I discovered the art of amigurumi, I thought I was not a creative person at all. But when I tried crocheting, I wanted to learn other types handcrafts as well. My second favorite craft is embroidery. I have been embroidering for almost 3 years now.

What has been the most memorable project you worked on?
I have designed over 100 amigurumi patterns for the last 5 years. It’s really hard to pick favorites, but I designed this lion baby lovey when I was pregnant, so this design will always have a special place in my heart.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I'm always have something on my hook :) This year I have a crochet challenge. Since 2024 is the year of the dragon, I decided to create a NEW amigurumi dragon collection. Each month of the year I released a new amigurumi dragon pattern. Only 4 dragons are left:) So they are my WIPs.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I love all my designs! But dinosaurs will always be my beloved! It's just one of those things that will also be a fan favorite among children and adults alike. There’s just something so alluring about their inherent mystery.

What inspires you to create/design?
My children adore crochet toys, they were the reason I started making amigurumi toys. They are my inspiration.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I love Ribblr and am so happy to be part of such a great community! I appreciate all the hard work that everyone puts in, to make this site so nice.

Where can folks find you on the internet?
You can find me in all these places!
Tik Tok - @amigurumi_joys
Facebook - amigurumijoys
Instagram - amigurumi_joys
YouTube - @amigurumi_joys

Thanks so much for being here this week Oksana, it’s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out AmigurumiJoys

17 Likes

congrats on ROTW @amigurumijoys !!

4 Likes

Congrats!

3 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!

4 Likes

congrats!!!

2 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week! :tada:

3 Likes