Ribblr of the Week - Meet Paola ๐Ÿ…

Say hey to Paola (@WooliAmigurumis) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind Wooli Amigurumis!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself. :wave:
Hi! My name is Pao and Iโ€™m the designer behind Wooli :slight_smile:

Iโ€™m from Guatemala :slight_smile: I graduated as an industrial designer but my full-time job is to design characters and create amigurumi out of them! I just love it! I like all types of crafting and I enjoy a lot learning new things!

When did you start crafting and how?
Since forever! I started knitting when I was 15 years old, some aunts taught me how to make scarves and hats, then I learned to crochet and make amigurumi in 2017 and Iโ€™ve been doing it full-time since 2020 :smile:

And how did you start designing?
After working on a couple of amigurumis I realized that I wanted to create characters that I couldnโ€™t find patterns for! So I started to draw and understand how to make them, and by trial and error, I started to design my own amigurumis.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I love crocheting for sure and is one of my favorites! But honestly, I love all types of crafting! I still want to learn how to make pottery, how to tuft, how to sew and a lot more! I want to try all the crafting types out there ! :rofl:

What was the longest project you worked on?
I made an amigurumi of Camofrog from Animal Crossing and it had a lot of color changes so it took me life to finish it !

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
Stella the Star has definitely been my fastest design to work with!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
Right now I am working on some Halloween patterns! I have 3 WIPS ! :purple_heart:

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of? Share a picture!
I am so proud of Nano! It is a simple amigurumi but I just love the character so much!

What is your usual process of designing?
Once I have an idea of what I want to do, I sketch the character several times, changing certain details until I reach the one I like the most. Once I have the final design, I choose the colors, and is time to crochet! I write the pattern while I crochet it, and I adjust the details while I work. Once the first is finished I make another one to make the pattern, now I take the necessary photos and notes :slight_smile:

What inspires you to create/design?
Everything! Inspiration comes from everywhere! Sometimes I see other peopleโ€™s illustrations and redo them in my own style, sometimes I go out to buy photo props and the inspiration comes to me! Traveling and visiting places also helps, I always find inspiration in food, animals, and places :slight_smile:

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I love A Cinderella Story (with Hillary Duff) and Cars from Pixar! Enjoy them! :smiling_face:

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I love love love the testing feature! It makes testing patterns so easy!

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
@xhunni and their awesome designs!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badgeโ€‹:medal_sports:)

Check out WooliAmigurumis

32 Likes

Awsome

6 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week! :smile:

5 Likes

Congratulations on ribblr of the week!! :partying_face: :sparkles: :white_heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations! Your patterns are so cute!! :heartpulse:

4 Likes

Congrats! Wooli patterns are some of my favorite!

5 Likes

Happy Great Job GIF by sendwishonline.com

3 Likes

Yay! Congratulations! Your designs are so unique and adorable! <3

4 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR PATTERNS
congrats on ribblr of the week!

3 Likes

Congratulations on ROTW!! :partying_face::star_struck::sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Congrats! I adore your work. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: