Ribblr of the week: meet Shorenay (aka loveshorestudio)

Say hello to Shorenay (@loveshorestudio) the designer behind loveshorestudio, and our Ribblr of the week!

Hi Shorenay! :wave: Tell us a little about yourself.
Hello, my name is Shorenay and I’ve been crocheting for a total of 3 years.

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crafting 3 year ago because I wanted to run my own small business while also being a content creator. I’ve always had a passion for the arts and crocheting was a way for me to express that. I recently picked it back up after getting my bachelors in Business Accounting.

And how did you start designing?
I started making my own designs right away after learning the basic stitches. I noticed there was a lack of design ideas that I personally liked, so I ended up freehanding a lot of my designs.

That’s awesome! Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I do a little knitting, origami, and some sewing but I always find myself going back to crochet because it’s the most versatile craft in my opinion.

What was the longest project you worked on?
The longest project I worked on was my butterfly plaid cardigan that took me about 2 weeks. Making a lot of granny squares repeatedly take a long time.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :sweat_smile:
II only have one WIP right now and it’s another cardigan design. :blush:

Which of your designs are you most proud of?
I’m very proud of my Venus Two-Piece set design. It makes me feel like a real life mermaid.

What is your usual process of designing?
My usual process of designing would be to write the ideas down or draw it on my iPad using the Procreate app. I can test out colors and patterns before crocheting it.

What inspires you to create and design?
What inspires me to create are my experiences in life and the art that I feel connected to.

Time for some pop culture! Any favorite movie, song and book you would like to recommend?
My favorite song is BTS - Euphoria, my favorite book is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, and my favorite film is Kiki’s Delivery Service.

We’d love to know: what is your favorite feature or design on Ribblr?
My favorite design on Ribblr would be the Chunky Bee Slippers!

Finally, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
@marzipanclothing ! I’ve tested a few of her designs and they’re fun to make! :purple_heart:

Thank you for sharing Shorenay! :purple_heart:

Check out the loveshorestudio shop :point_down:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

20 Likes

Congrats!! :tada: your designs are very beautiful!

8 Likes

Thank you!

8 Likes

Congrats!

7 Likes

Congratulations Shorenay. Took a look at your page. Your cardigans are too cute. I have a loved one who would love that cloud cardigan. :confetti_ball::tada::+1:t5:

6 Likes

man you are so talented! in love with all of your designs. great song choice btw, euphoria is also one of my favourite songs

6 Likes