Ribblr of the Week - Meet Sierra! 🏅

Say hello to Sierra @SierraCrochets07 - our new ROTW!

54a82ba19f48ec12f632a1a76bd297ff1f3d7ee2_2_386x500

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Sierra, and I have been crocheting since August of 2020. Aside from crochet, I love all forms of dance! My favorite styles are tap, jazz, and Irish dance! I also love making friendship bracelets and beaded purses!

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crafting as far back as I can remember. The earliest craft I can think of is sitting at my kid-sized table cutting some construction paper to look like a butterfly!

And how did you start designing?
I started designing because I saw so many amazing patterns, and I wanted to try writing one for myself!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I would have to say that crochet is my favorite craft! It is a tough choice because I love so many types of crafts, and I plan on learning more!

What was the longest project you worked on?
I would have to say the longest project I worked on was this ice cream snail pattern by @Knotbadcrochet
2454f874ab63747b4b1623786e25a186857f453b_2_528x500

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
And the shortest project would have to be my fluffy frog that I freehanded!
8c2ee6d787d75fc67750f5880340283938946e74_2_375x500

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :sweat_smile:
I am currently working on the chunky axolotyl pattern by @Charliseyscrochetcloset !

What is your usual process of designing?
I usually just think about what I want to make and then I freehand it writing what steps I do as I go on!

And what is it that inspires you to create and design?
Anything inspires me, but I love designing animal patterns! They are my favorite :sparkling_heart:

That’s awesome!
And now time for some pop culture. Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?

Ooh that is a tough choice! I recommend the movie Tangled!

Let’s start the week with a laugh :joy: Care to share a funny or interesting story that happened to your recently?
Ok this is a good one! My grandma took me to the store to buy squishmallows. The store we went to had mystery scented packs, and I really wanted a specific one! Once I found out what the one I wanted smelled like, we went and smelled every pack to see which one had the right scent. Even the employees helped us! The employees were amazing, and I even got the one I was looking for!

That’s hilarious! We can definitely picture it. :rofl:
Being a Regular and a long time Ribblr we’d love to know - what is your favorite feature on Ribblr?

My favorite feature on Ribblr is definitely the community tab! I love interacting with all of my Ribblr friends every day!

That’s lovely! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Lastly - Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr!

I can’t pick just one! @Kenshae @NoKittenAroundStudio @HookedByMarilyn and @anoswaldoddity :sparkling_heart:

Thanks so much for sharing! :purple_heart:

Find all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

40 Likes

congratulations!!!

11 Likes

Congrats! Loved learning more about you :slight_smile:

12 Likes

congrats sierra!

11 Likes

woo!!

11 Likes

Wow!! All of your skills are so impressive! Congrats on getting ROTW!!:heart:

10 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!! I loved learning more about you and your crochet journey, and love your story about the scented squishmallows! Do you really only have one WIP right now? :star_struck: I wish I did :sweat_smile:
Thanks so much for the mention, it means a lot!! :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Aw Sierra, so sweet to mention me. You were the first person on Ribblr that welcomed me, and liked everything I posted. It was encouragement at a time whenI really needed it.
Love ya sweetie.

10 Likes

Great to see a regular being featured congrats on the ROTW:D

10 Likes

YeaH it’s nice to see someone I “know” and I have replied to.

10 Likes

I have lots of WIPs all the time :smiling_face_with_tear:

9 Likes

:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

Thank you so much @Ribblr :purple_heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations @SierraCrochets07
So exciting :purple_heart::purple_heart:

10 Likes

Congratulations @SierraCrochets07!!!

9 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face:

8 Likes

Awwww!! Congrats @SierraCrochets07 on ROTW!! Thanks for sharing about you! I loved getting an extra glimpse into your story and have enjoyed interacting with you in the community :grin:

7 Likes

Great work, congrats!!! :smiley:

8 Likes

…OMG congrats girl!!!

8 Likes

Congratulations! Very well deserved! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes