Ribblr of the Week - Meet Tree šŸ…

Say hello to Tree (@TheTreeLober) - our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [TheTreeLober]

120605_2

Tell us a little about yourself
Heyo! Iā€™m Tree! I am a Muslim girl who lives in California! I have live here for my whole life and live in a small town. Iā€™ve always loved making things. Whether it be with clay, yarn, cloth, or food, I have always loved crafting. Another thing about me, as obvious can be, Iā€™m OBSESSED with crochetinā€™. Although I do dabble with knitting and sewing, crocheting will be my one and only <3

When did you start crafting and how?
Back in 2018, I was wanting to make my self a blanket. So my grandma (duh) got me about 5 or 6 yarn balls of plushie yarn. I made a bunch of mistakes and I still do! Fast forward to 2021, I rediscovered my ā€˜crochetā€™ (if you can even call it that lol) blanket and decided that I wanted to redo it now that I have a tad bit more experience. Another flash forward to 2022 of August is when the snowball stated rolling.

And how did you start designing?
I always wanted to make something of my own. So I decided that I wanted to make a ballon wiener dog. I have made one before and noticed that there wasnā€™t a lot balloon animal patterns (that are free anyways). So I decided to take it apon my self that I would make a pattern of my own and put it for free. Although my shop maybe small, all big things start that way!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
Crocheting is the most impactful craft that Iā€™ve done so far. I have painted, colored, and even sewed a bit like I mentioned before. But crocheting was by far the most easiest Iā€™ve done. I prefer just following instructions than making the, up my own, so crocheting was the key!

What has been the most memorable project you worked on?
It actually s pattern Iā€™m making right now! Itā€™s based on a toy Iā€™ve had for 11 years! I plan on making him fully articulated. At least, the most you can get with a crochet plushie!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
Like I said, I am working on a giraffe, a cat for my friend, a purse/clutch pattern, 2 bags, and even 3 testers! I have been very busy helping my mom clean the house for when we pick up my Baba today (3/18/24)!

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
Ahhh! There are so many to choose from! If I had to choose one it would have to be the Bobble bag I made as a wedding gift! It is to cute and quick to work up.

0cad2a8cbd23f8d560ab80b03583eb8c662d40ce_2_499x375

What is your usual process of designing?
95% of the time when designing, I wing it!.. and then start from scratch and do what others have donā€™t for designing. So far what I found out works best for me is, 1, have the item you are making/replacating. 2, look at the basic shape and think what you can do to make it look like that (based of your own crochet knowledge). And 3, I take a scrap piece of paper and write down a sketchy pattern (hehehe pun).

What inspires you?
I think my family inspires me to make a create. Due to my non-immediate family members choosing a very boring path of life, my mom and baba have always let me express my self in my emotions, art, and creativity!

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
10. I would say my favorite book(s) off all time would have to be the Wing Of Fire series (WOF). If you have ever read warrior (cats) then you might like this series! Iā€™m on the 10th book as we speak!

Share a funny story that happened to you recently!
10. So today, I had some surprise guest that game into my house today. For some context, my mom was baking the night before and was burnt out after we came home so she was just going to clean it up later. Long story short, my body went on auto pilot and cleaned it up without me even realizing! At least, I make sure they couldnā€™t see the bread mess- In summary, I covered for my mom without even noticing lol

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
10. So far I have 2 favorite features on Ribbr. The first one would have to be the chat room! It help all of us connect while staying safe. Another one in the testing area. I love you can apply to tests, learn new patterns, and come together as a community.

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
One pattern I really love Is Surprise Flower Pot Coaster Set: Crochet pattern | Ribblr . I have saw this on instagram and knew I needed to get a pattern like that. One of my favorite crochet creatures is @Heartintheclouds! I didnā€™t only choose them because they are my friend, but because of their awesome shop, and my personal favorite, FREE Chunky purse no sew: Crochet pattern | Ribblr

Thanks so much for being here this week Tree, itā€™s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badgeā€‹:medal_sports:)

Check out [TheTreeLober]

48 Likes

CONGRATS @TheTreeLober !!!

6 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS ON ROTW
@TheTreeLober !! :heart_eyes::nail_care::sunglasses:

5 Likes

CONGRATS TREEEEE @TheTreeLober !!!

4 Likes

CONGRATSS @TheTreeLober !!!

4 Likes

Yay Tree! You deserve it! @TheTreeLober :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

CONGRATS TREE<3!!!:tada: :tada:

4 Likes

Tree! Congrats on ROTW! Keep having fun testing and designing original things to share with the world. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Omg mashaā€™Allah!! Congrats @TheTreeLober !!! You definitely deserve this !!! :revolving_hearts: :gift_heart: :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Yay! Tree! Gjjjjjj

4 Likes

Congrats on ROTW! :partying_face::tada:

6 Likes

OMGG YAYY CONGRATSS @TheTreeLober !!

4 Likes

WHOOOO CONGRATS @TheTreeLober :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Congrats!!

2 Likes

YOOO CONGRATSS on ROTW TREEE! :christmas_tree::evergreen_tree::palm_tree::house_with_garden::deciduous_tree::tanabata_tree::tada::tada::tada: <3

2 Likes

CG TREEEEEE omgggg first 1st Ramadan now thisss :ooo and the fact your from California too makes me soo happy!!

2 Likes

We Californians gotta stick together lol!

3 Likes

ur from da too?? OMGGGG

3 Likes

Iā€™m from Orange County south of California

2 Likes

CONGRATS TREE <3333 @TheTreeLober

3 Likes